Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Volkswagen freedriving tour today and there was a big surprise :D

Attachments

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Did you get to see/feel if the dash is still the rubberized ikk or is it more of a hard surface?

This is exciting.Looking forward to see when they start hitting the dealerships.

Thanks for all the pics!!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
The water bottle looked a little out of place. :D Nice pictures! Thanks for posting. My dealer said they're expecting accessories and parts for the 2012 Beetle to arrive next month.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So being that you were up close and personal to the B-12, give us your impressions?

Awesome post!

It won't be long now:banana:
Fit and finish were top notch as usual.

It will take some time for me to get used to the roofline but it seems well tied together. It looks like a return to the classic beetle lines combined with a Ragster.

Not sure about those "Twister" wheels but other options will be available and you can always use any VAG wheels with the proper offset (probably same as the Scirocco).

I like the deep-set tail lights ala Audi TT2. They look serious and will not wash out in bright sunlight like many other manufacturer's lights.

The brakes look kind of small, but this was a 2.5 and the 2.0T based models will hopefully get a brake upgrade over stock.

I was really happy to see that VW didn't cheap out the interior. They carried over the theme of the body colour interior trim (even further this time) which looks well implemented. Now you can run the RNS-series double-DIN decks (I would order the RNS-510 if possible). The interior is using the same quality plastics from what I can tell as the MK6 Golf. The actual dash seems to be fairly smooth but I doubt you will have to worry about the "peeling effect" like we have with the New Beetle (and all MK4 generally) interior. The stock seats look more supportive than the base New Beetle seats especially in the bolster area.

·
High mileage driver found
266 Posts
Rear windows don't go down, sadly.

I did the PDI on the (alleged) 9th one in Canada! Beautiful, solid car. Interior build quality is fantastic, and the car drives like it's carved out of a single piece of steel. I want one.

We've had 4 go through the dealership now but my favourite so far was a black premiere edition, with manual tranny, the nice 5 spoke wheels and the Fender audio system.

They had a nice 2.0T one at the auto show in Toronto, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts