NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
nice. i had my first runabout in the snow this year too. I wanted to snap a pic of the car, but i was raining on the way home, so it's not as dirty lookin anymore. :cool:

·
Save a horse, ride a....
222 Posts
Glad I put my winter tires on earlier this week before the snow in T.O. They're Pirelli Winter Carving and they perform quite well.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
I hope it doesn't snow here. My car doesn't do well in snow... :(

Attachments

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
i wish it would make up its mind what its doing here...last week it was down in the low 30s..yesterday and today it hit 60 and there is snow scheldued for tuesday...:mad: StL makes me mad sometimes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rcy said:
Glad I put my winter tires on earlier this week before the snow in T.O. They're Pirelli Winter Carving and they perform quite well.
i heard Pirelli performs well in winter. I bought Steelcase brand, Champiro. (in Markham) So far so good - turning left or right in 10 cm of snow is a different story. I guess its better than my all seasons. :)

ugh, more snow to come on Thursday!

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
5 more months?

December is a joke, we never get a thing.
January is getting there, but nothing that sticks around long.
February is the time to buy some firelogs and a new snow shovel.
March is coming out of it, look out for ice.
First week of April I get my summers back on.

That's the NS winter, maybe yours sucks more ;)

SMG

·
Registered
21 Posts
That doesn't sound like a Moncton winter. It used to start around Halloween and end on the may 24... with more snow that you can imagine. In Ottawa, we get snow and minus 18, then three days later rain and plus 13???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Winter Tires

Im in Toronto.

Im seriously considering picking up winter tires...doesnt sound like the bug does well on ice/snow...

Maybe I'll get them. I pick up my NBC tommorow and I might get the winter tires tommorow too.

Paul

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paulalves said:
Im in Toronto.

Im seriously considering picking up winter tires...doesnt sound like the bug does well on ice/snow...

Maybe I'll get them. I pick up my NBC tommorow and I might get the winter tires tommorow too.

Paul
it makes a big difference! i was stuck in traffic for 3 hours last week from our first snow storm.
from a regular 30 min routine home drive. i bought a cheap winter tires from steelcase .. champiro's
i heard lots of bad comments about it, but it performed well! i was stuck uphill for a good half hour! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts