NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I finally (after many, many years) got my first beetle. My kiddies are all grown and now it's my time for some fun. She's a pretty little 2004 cream convertible.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good vw mechanics in the central Florida area? I cringe at the thought of taking her to the dealer for maintenance, let alone paying for it. Or is there is specific site on this forum for states or regions where I can find the answer to my question?

Thanks for reading. Look forward to talking to y'all often.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Hello and welcome to The Org!

This is a good place to start looking for mechanics: Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State - TDIClub Forums
They specialize in TDIs but often will work on gassers too. TDIs can be tricky little things, so if they can work their magic on those, your gasser is definitely in good hands!

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Oooooooooo...another orger in central Florida...squeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Where are you exactly? Iggy and I are in Tampa. I have never had a beetle before I got Iggy in October. I have; however, had a friend for years (his daughter was on a local gymnastics team with mine so we have done many a gym meet together). He was born and raised in Germany which is also where he learned to work on German cars. He and his partner have a shop called A&J German Motorenwerke. Just found out while searching to make sure I spelled the Motorenwerke part right that they actually have a facebook page and a regular website. If you are close enough to Tampa I hope this info helps:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-J-German-Motorenwerke-Inc/232195633542509?rf=159166930780680

A & J German Motorenwerke Inc | Home

Anyway, welcome to the org. This place is great and the people are so friendly and helpful too. So glad I found them. I'm looking forward to going to tail of the dragon in May up in North Carolina. There are quite a few florida orgers that are going to be carabugavaning up there together. You should check out the threads and come on up with us if you can. This will be my first time; but it sounds so fun and I've already met a lot of the guys from Jacksonville (Duvall Dubs-aka dD-group up there that is very active on the org and at get togethers. There are a lot here in the central florida area actually. Hear there is a big group in Orlando. We have a handful in Tampa and Brooksville.

Hope you are close by. The Tampa group is trying to start doing a monthly social (just get together for food or whatever and socialize). We have been going to a VW meet up in Brooksville at a down home drive up called Coney Island Dogs. It happens every 1st Friday starting at 6PM and going until close. Two of us made it there last month (just not at the same time...lol). In December the Jax dD crew rolled in so there were 7 bugs from the org there. Woot woot!!! If you aren't too far away maybe you could come on down for the one Feb 1st.

It's just a really welcome feeling you get when you meet orgers in person. They make you feel like you've known each other all along and meeting in person is just the final extension of that relationship.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smileybug, thanks for the info. I see there is one in Orlando. I will check them out. :)

IggysMom, I am on the other coast. Cocoa. Don't know if I can make it this Saturday. It does sound like fun though. Maybe next month. I have found a bunch of useful information on this site. For example, I didn't know about using 91 octane instead of 87. On my next fill up I am going to try it and see if I notice any difference. I love the name Iggy. My girl is named Daisy. When I got her my hubby asked "what are you going to name her?" I looked at her in the garage, tilted my head to the side, smiled, and said "she looks like a Daisy!" :) Funny, he loves that I am so happy, but hates giving up his man-card when I say let's go for a ride down to the beach with the top down. Ha Ha Ha!

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Congrats to another Daisy Beetle and may you have many years of driving together!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome to the New Beetle Convertible, in Harvest Moon Beige! :party:

So happy you have done something for yourself. Your going to love it! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts

IggysMom, I am on the other coast. Cocoa. Don't know if I can make it this Saturday. It does sound like fun though. Maybe next month. I have found a bunch of useful information on this site. For example, I didn't know about using 91 octane instead of 87. On my next fill up I am going to try it and see if I notice any difference. I love the name Iggy. My girl is named Daisy. When I got her my hubby asked "what are you going to name her?" I looked at her in the garage, tilted my head to the side, smiled, and said "she looks like a Daisy!" :) Funny, he loves that I am so happy, but hates giving up his man-card when I say let's go for a ride down to the beach with the top down. Ha Ha Ha!

I just learned about the 91 octane too :)

You r so lucky u have a supportive hubby. Mine thinks I'm Stark raving mad for having a name for Iggy. Every time I mention her he says "who?" He knows darn well who. Always says its a car and it shouldn't have a name. He is happy that I am so happy with her though and he frequently "gives up his man-card" to drive her, named or not :)

Wish you weren't so far away. At least it's not impossibly far though. We've gone over there before to stay on the beach and go to the space center.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IggysMom...well, the next time you are heading over to this coast let me know, maybe we can have lunch and introduce Iggy and Daisy.

IndyTom...WOW! That is a wealth of information. Thank you so much for the link. I started to read all the "secrets" and had to force myself to stop because I kept running in and out of the garage checking all the cool stuff out to see if it worked. LOL.

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Welcome

Welcome DaisyGirl to the Org.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see another FLORIDA new beetle floating around out there. I'm in Jacksonville and I am part of the duvalDubs group. We have members all over Florida as well.

Kristin has already pointed out how much fun we have and all the get togethers we plan and roll out to. So I guess all there is left to do is welcome you again and let you know you aren't weird loving a bug! You have an extended family now that will amaze you!

Welcome and can't wait to see pics of your baby.

Chuckie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts