NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm super excited with my first beetle! She is a dark blue 2000 New Beetle (tdi-manual) and she came with an almost-full service history.
My first VW, and my first diesel so it's all new but I love her! I just picked her up on Monday, and I'm still getting to know her!
It's been pretty cold here leading to some not-so-easy starts. I've been reading up lots and lots about diesel engines both here and at tdiclub.
I'm super happy with sweet-pea! I can't wait to calculate my first mileage once I've driven enough to need to fill up!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello!
:-D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congrats, :party: and Welcome to the Org! :wave2:

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wave2:

Congrats on your New Beetle! We LOVE pictures so if you get a chance be sure to show him/her to us. :)

·
He who walks on Ice!
106 Posts
:pWelcome to the Org!!! If you ever need anything, just ask. We have plenty of forums that will assist you in many questions about your NB. We have several members that have hands experience on just about everything you can think of. If we don't know it, we know someone who does.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,916 Posts
You may want to invest in a block heater if it gets too cold and has a hard time starting. Also make sure you check into the glow plugs and make sure they are working properly.

How many miles on the car? Make sure the timing belt has been done recently.

Welcome to the Org and enjoy the diesely goodness :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She has 202,000km (I'm not so good with miles). I have a receipt that says the timing belt was done at 138k, so I should be good for a while I think.
There is an oil pan heater installed, I'm going to try plugging her in all night to see if that fixes it. She started much better this morning!
Should I be adding anything to the diesel? If so, what do you recommend? It so far has been getting down to -15 or so (Celsius), but will probably be getting colder soon.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Welcome to the Org!

Here is a little something I have put together for all our Newbies -
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

As to your additive question. Here's a thread in that regard. I have seen this product touted in other threads also.
http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-9-liter-tdi/51807-fuel-additive-question.html

I'm not a diesel person but I'm assuming at some geographical latitude Winter Diesel is #1 in the winter as opposed to Diesel #2. This was an old school thing and may longer be the case with today's diesels. Somebody educate me here.

Enjoy your Bug and post up some pics when your camera thaws out.

MORAV

1 - 10 of 10 Posts