VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is my first Beetle and VW. I've always loved Volkswagen and have even read Dr. Ferdinand Porsche's autobiography in which he details how the old Beetle came into existence. And when I was a kid, the Herbie movies were my favorites. Can't wait to drive this thing every chance I get...:jumpy:

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome my friend. I am new here also. I got my 1st beetle back in March and I love it. It is also a 2004 Turbo-S like yours. Mine is charcoal grey and has been taken care of. It only had 87,000 miles on it when I got it. The only actual upgrade Ive did to mine was install a short shifter kit from dieselgeek.com. My shift weight had some wear and it got to where it didn't want to go into 2nd,4th, and 6th gear but once I installed the short shift kit all is well and I love the short throw. Mine was due a timing belt and water pump so I went ahead and done that and got the dreaded plastic water pump out of it. So far I have had very few problems out of mine. I did have a melted fuse box on top of the battery which is really common for the cars. I replaced the stock alternator cable which causes this failure and have had no more problems. I love the HP the little car has. I will in time up the HP but right now I am just enjoying driving it and I am sure you are too. There are some good knowledgeable people here and all the info you ever wanted to know. Again, welcome to the beetle family.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody. I will take more pictures in time after I replace the fog lamps and get a new OEM front plate holder. I went to install the new fog lamps I got, but apparently the mounts on the bumper are broken. I don't think there is an easy fix for that...If you have suggestions that'd be great though.

She is also leaking trans fluid out of the side plug. I know nothing about manual transmissions, but I've heard it's real easy to replace. However, I am not sure how to refill the fluid or check the fluid level so I am really nervous to drive it until I can get that taken care of. Any suggestions are great otherwise I'll ask elsewhere in the forums. Thanks again y'all.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Love, love, LOVE your Turbo S! :bowdown:

I have owned two, myself. Wish I still had one, or both! :eek:

Have fun with that awesome car! I like to say, the 6-speed Turbo S is so much fun, it should be illegal! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I will! I love her too. That picture makes her look immaculate, but I am going to do a few scratch fixes, and I need to figure out how to attach my new fog lamps since the all of the original hanging locations are broken...And I can't wait until I get my parts to fix my tranny leak. I won't drive it until then. :)

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts