NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a very plesnt surprise on my way to work:)

on my way to work I was stopped at a red light and looked over at the car next to me the lady in the car was motioning me to roll down my window(i have had many ppl yell at mr for no reason but i didnt think i did anything to piss her of). I rolled down my window unsure of what she wanted
Lady: I love your little froggy car! and your flowers
Me: *smile* thank you
She noticed my Abbie sticker
Lady: Abbie, is that your name
Me: no that's her name
Lady: this ones name is red head(she had a deep red suv), have a great weekend!
I've had people complement my car even wave at me while I'm driving but this was the first time this happened and i had to say that hyped me up for work

has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I love that! :)

Since I've been driving New Beetles, and VWs in general, I would not think twice about doing what the SUV driver did. I never would have done that in any of my Fords. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
i got a very plesnt surprise on my way to work:)
I remember my first time, few years ago, but I still remember, and I was, probably, nearly as excited about that as you are about this! LMAO

M.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Put gas in at the garage, decided to check the oil level, when an old guy walked past and said..

" Thought the engine was in the back "

Left me speechless, which isn't very often :D

I wasn't as excited, as my first time though ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had an old lady waved at me when I was cruising on the high way, but mostly they're from kids in other cars. Sometimes I even get asked about my big red (had a 99' red GLS before, the lil red) when it was getting serviced.

service: Is that bug yours?
me: Yep
service: That's a nice car. They're all checking it out in the back (I assume she meant the service crew)

How can you not love them Bugs :D

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I had an old lady wave at me when I was cruising on the high way,
I hope you are not referring to me, because if I saw your Turbo S, I would be that person........ :anon:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I hope you are not referring to me, because if I saw your Turbo S, I would be that person........ :anon:
:roflmao:

Did you find you're valet key?

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I have a valet key, but I'm not sure if it goes to my NB, or the Touareg I sold recently. I will check it out soon. If it is the valet to the Touareg, I need to get it to my new peeps. (I know them). Will let you know. I hope it is the Bugs, so I can tackle the switchblade today. Thanks for reminding me. :D

EDIT: It IS the Bugs! I will (crosses my fingers) work on the main key!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I have a valet key, but I'm not sure if it goes to my NB, or the Touareg I sold recently. I will check it out soon. If it is the valet to the Touareg, I need to get it to my new peeps. (I know them). Will let you know. I hope it is the Bugs, so I can tackle the switchblade today. Thanks for reminding me. :D

EDIT: It IS the Bugs! I will (crosses my fingers) work on the main key!
:clap: to finding it! :clap: to it belonging to the bug!

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I remember my first time, few years ago, but I still remember, and I was, probably, nearly as excited about that as you are about this! LMAO

M.
lol thanks im glad im not the only one :)

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Put gas in at the garage, decided to check the oil level, when an old guy walked past and said..

" Thought the engine was in the back "

Left me speechless, which isn't very often :D

I wasn't as excited, as my first time though ;)
i've had many people ask me about the engine its actually funny that so many people think its still in the back

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
service: That's a nice car. They're all checking it out in the back (I assume she meant the service crew)

How can you not love them Bugs :D
very nice :)

i totaly agree with you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts