NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
An Air-Cooled Fan, Too!
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Say, I just installed these WeatherTech visors in the window channels of my '99 NB and the window slows down a bit with the motor under some stain when I put up the window on the driver's side only. The passenger side window operates perfectly, i.e. no slow down, no noticeable motor stain. They both close all the way, but I've got this little bit of a "hang-up" (i.e. "slow-down") on the driver's side. Will this improve with further "seating" of the window in it's "now somewhat narrowed" channel? What's been your experience out there with these? I'd be very interested in reading some comments.

·
Performance Freak
137 Posts
I found it tricky to get them seated well, but once in, I have had no problems with mine.
I would suggest taking out the driver's side one and reinstalling it.
Just make sure the window goes up smoothly. If it doesn't, then I'd keep trying until it does.

I don't think it should hang up at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine took a while to seat. I uninstalled, reinstalled 4-5 times. Finally I left them in and let it sit in the sun. They seemed to finally settle in after that.

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
I had them in my Jetta, no problems with fitment, the only problem was sometimes it would make the window go back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts