NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know why no one wants to do this themselves but I can't fathom that not one of my Org brothers/sisters haven't removed a broken glass themselves?!! If you have speak up. I am shaving the third brake light and the emblem, but the hatch glass broke, I would like to remove the glass from the rest of the hatch but can't find any info on how to do this on a new Beetle.
There was a pair of quarter windows at the local u pull it and they looked like they were cut out as the backs had the old adhesive on them, but the hatch glass has what looks like an actual trim/gasket behind the glass that seems to be bonded to the metal hatch and the glass to it perhaps. I don't have a Bentley manual so if that has any info on this ....

·
Registered
307 Posts
a buddy of mine does this for a living. it is a royal pain IMHO to deal with glass on these. I don't mind doing any of the mechanical stuff but when i had to get the front glass swapped i handed it off. It is not a difficult job and really only requires a couple "specialized" tools to clean up edges and the use of a caulking gun with butyl window glue, but again it is just a headache and a pain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts