NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(FL) FS: 1999 Beetle 1.8T Part Out, 55K miles, Auto. Yellow w/Black Leather

Updated parts lists at end of thread...some new pics and parts Listed. More updates as more parts are removed.

1999 New Beetle with Automatic trans. and 55,xxx miles. Yellow exterior, black leather interior, sliding sunroof, cruise, fog lights, etc. Was a well equipped Beetle. Rear half of the car is fine...rear hatch, doors, mirrors, etc. seem fine. Wheels are ok...no real curb rash or major blemishes that I can tell. Looks like it got into the front end pretty good but I have not yet really looked into it under the hood...I just put a car cover on it, as it is sitting in my driveway right now, after I shot some pics. Had a Borla muffler as well. Interior was in decent shape...especially the seats for the age, but the door panels were pretty junk...some salvagable switches and such maybe. Any questions, PM or Email me and Ill get back as soon as I get time. Thank you.

Here are some pics:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Where you are would seem to be a relevant factor. :rolleyes:

Background, house architecture, trees, grass, kinda have a FL feel, but...

·
5/23/10 <3
10,972 Posts
With the (FL) in the title, I assumed Florida. But Florida is a big state. Where exactly would be helpful.

Also, why is it that when I find a car with a black leather interior, its never close enough to snag it :(

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, sorry. I had (FL) in the title but never put anything in the description. I am in south Florida on the Treasure Coast. Port Saint Lucie to be exact.

·
New Member Revisited
177 Posts
I just spent $63, at the dealer, for a new fog light trim.

To fit my setup, I cut off the "bar" between the fogs, and just use the Trim Ring.

If your interested in shipping your broken fog trim up to Michigan (area code 48080), and plus I'd throw you a few bucks, I'd happily take it off your hands and return the one I just bought from the "Stealership".

Let me know if your interested.
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not sure if you are selling these pieces but I am interested in buying them if you are. I need floor mats, steering wheel spokes, door handles, and center caps. PM please.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking for

1. Center armrest
2. Driver side 'rear bumper light' with pigtail
3. Passenger side door lock switch
4. Battery tie down
5. Glove box door

I'm in Miami 33032

Thanks !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, I've got some decent interest so far then in some of the peripheral small bits. I was trying to get it sold whole, but I will likely be starting the parting within the next couple weeks. So in answer to the above questions, I have no problem picking this apart and selling off pieces if I think I can get the bulk of them sold. Sorry for the late reply but I have been out of town for work and will be until tomorrow night. I just need a couple weeks before I would likely begin tearing it apart as I need to get back home and deal with a few things before I begin this. Thanks and I will continue to keep all posted over the next week or so here on what Im leaning toward and when I will likely actually start parting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update Everyone: Thanks for your patience with me...it's been a long week. I have PMd everyone back who showed interest above and should be starting the part out this week of the smaller interior/exterior parts to begin with. If anyone else is interested in anything specific, please PM me what you need and offer price and we will go from there. Just put "PMd you" or something on the thread and Ill go to my PM box. My computer is a bit slow on this site for some reason so it doesn't always update me on the thread if someone posted as much as the PM box. Anyway, thanks again and let me know what you all need and I'll get to it as quickly as I can and get pics of any parts I pull as I remove them over the next few days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Started pulling parts today...below are pics of some stuff already pulled. PM if interested and to shoot offers/requests. I will continue to pull what I can when I can...still working on some of the previously requested parts as well...please bear with me as I'm a bit slower at this than I expected to be.

So far I have pulled:

-Misc. dash pieces (ask about specific ones as some were cracked/damaged from accident but anything pictured should be fine)
-Also, some of the large upper dash pieces have some light scratching that can't really be seen in the pics, but there none the less
-Center console plastics
-Shifter cover/knob
-Rear quarter interior plastics in yellow in good used condition (could use cleaning though as can be seen in pics :p)
-A/C & Heat control switch cluster
-Door Sill Plastics (black) and Kick Panel Plastics (black)

I would obviously prefer the heavy/bulky items like seats to be picked up locally but I would be willing to ship so long as you are willing to pay shipping costs and bear with me as I deal with freight or whatever shipping method is needed and cheap enough to justify it.

I will be pulling headliner items, sunroof switches/glass(?), headliner, seat belts, last of interior plastics next probably and then I will try and tackle some of the rear lights/etc., bumper, exhaust, glove box, as well as requested items so long as those parties are still interested in said items. More updates to come as I continue the stripping process. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
More parts removed yesterday and today...pics below. Among removed (some may not be pictured as I don't want to flood the site with pics...just request specific items for more detailed pics) include:

-(4) wheels in good shape, no curb rash...just some dirt along crease inside.

-(4) center caps in good shape with tabs in tact/not broken
*I want to try and sell all 4 wheels with caps to anyone interested in that first before separating center caps from wheel set.

-Center Consoles (both the upper and lower portions

-Shift knob in good used condition

-Misc. interior plastic trim pieces (door sills, kick panels, rear quarter plastics around trunk, upper/rear headliner cover trim, rear pillar plastics, rear/trunk trim plastic, taillight covers, etc.

-Misc. dash pieces (flat upper dash covers toward windshield, dash grab handle, misc. gauge cluster bezel/trim, driver/pass. side padded dash pieces that surround dash cluster and airbag, etc.) Note: Airbags deployed so no airbag cover on pass. side...also why some of the interior pieces aren't mentioned or have cracks.

-Tail lights (LH side bulb area got hot...useable but needs silicon to hold bulb to be on safe side.)

-Reverse Lights

-Tag Lights

-Fuel Door/cap/hinge assembly

-Rear Fenders (both sides)...misc. scuffs/scratches, but straight/good.

-Rear Bumper (has divet under tow hook and some scuffs)

-Tow hook plastic cover piece

-Inner door handles, switches, A/C control, heated seat switches, etc.

-Black leather heated seats (front and rear)

-Rear inner fender liners/splash shields/guards

-Sunroof control/switch and cover

*Anything else, just ask...I'm pulling what I can daily as I have time. I will also be listing a lot of this stuff on Ebay so keep that in mind and check on there as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seats appear to be sold...will update as the sale finalizes and remove them from the list when it does.

I also have a couple more parts off the car...more misc. interior panels like c-pillar plastics and rear hatch/trunk area plastics. Windshield washer bottle, RF fender.

Slowly getting to the motor/gearbox. Most of the peripherals to the motor seem smashed, but the bulk may be ok...might need an oil pan and some bracketry, block seems ok with maybe a few mount areas tweaked/broken. Probably make a good core motor still though...we'll see as I get further.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Received my parts today from Creepingdeath94 ! everything as promised.. packaging was great(bubble wrapped & bags of air) plus shipping was lightning quick ..

Thanks again Sean

1 - 20 of 43 Posts