NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
M16S VW & VW53HRB
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I know this problem has been done a million times... but my blue temp light has been flashing for a couple months now. I'm starting to get bored of it, so went to the local VW dealer to get a new temp coolant level sensor (am I right in assuming this is the right part to replace?). Anyways, on the parts list they had 3 different kinds. 2 of them had green tops, and one had a blue top. But because my Bug was imported to the UK from Texas, his chassis number doesn't work with the UK system, so he couldn't find out from that. He does have a 2nd chassis no - from when he was imported, but that seems to tell the system that he was built in 2007...... ;) :D

Anyways, he was built in late 98, reg in Jan 99, and a 90bhp TDi, and I was wondering if anyone had the part number for the correct sensor? So then I can take the part no into VW and ask them for the correct part and stop the little light flashing!

Many thanks,

*Lucy*

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
Shamrockez said:
Hi guys, I know this problem has been done a million times... but my blue temp light has been flashing for a couple months now. I'm starting to get bored of it, so went to the local VW dealer to get a new temp coolant level sensor (am I right in assuming this is the right part to replace?). Anyways, on the parts list they had 3 different kinds. 2 of them had green tops, and one had a blue top. But because my Bug was imported to the UK from Texas, his chassis number doesn't work with the UK system, so he couldn't find out from that. He does have a 2nd chassis no - from when he was imported, but that seems to tell the system that he was built in 2007...... ;) :D

Anyways, he was built in late 98, reg in Jan 99, and a 90bhp TDi, and I was wondering if anyone had the part number for the correct sensor? So then I can take the part no into VW and ask them for the correct part and stop the little light flashing!

Many thanks,

*Lucy*
I know this sounds crazy... but hear me out. Look at the one in the car now. ;)

Blue top one is a different connector (square/rectangular). I'm only aware of one green one, so if it has the D-shaped connector, I'd go with the newer one.

This is assuming the TDI sensor is the same as the gasser motors - however, I think there was a discussion on this a while back where it was confirmed the coolant temp sensor was the same across all 3 engines.

Replacing it should solve your problem -I had the same problem and this was the culprit.

·
M16S VW & VW53HRB
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would look but it's dark when i leave for work and dark when I get back! I can have a look at Christmas tho.

3 engines??? We have a 1.4, 1.6, 1.8T, 2.0, 2.3V5, and the RSI plus the TDi PD - but mine's an earlier 90bhp TDi, I think the PDs are 105.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts