VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few time I have put my top up, it works perfectly. But when I first start her up, the warning light flashes, then goes away. Is this normal?

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spare Tire Won't Fit???

I was preparing for a trip Saturday, when I noticed my spare was flat. I took it out, and aired it up, Now it won't fit??? What am I doing wrong? The tire says "made in Germany", so, I think it is the original spare, but I wanted to ask, does the 2004 have full size tires?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmmm, no ideas on the spare tire issue, but I have the same flashing light thing happening on mine. I don't know why it does this, and my top still works, so I just think it's another quirk, and I'll wait for it to break so I can spend more money on her. ;-)

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I would get the car scanned for codes with a vw type scanner; you can purchase a vag405 or vs450 on amazon.com for less then $50. Post up those codes; there have been a number of issues convertible top related and people here have been able to fix them (switches seem to fail in the system). Do you have your original owners manual; you might read up on the convertible top procedures/operation and look to see if you car came with a full size spare (look at the original size of the tires too).

I don't know if there is a difference between the convertible top on the 2004 and 2006 models, but here is the service manual for the 2006: (check out the

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa...ntrol_module/component_information/locations/

check out the subsections (especially the tech bulletins for common problems/solutions): Relays and Modules , Body and Frame, Roll Bar, Roof and Associated Components

1 - 5 of 5 Posts