NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003, 2.0l and the flex pipe, ahead of the converter, is bad. I called the dealer and they said it might be covered under warranty (under 130 000km and 8years).
The condition of coverage is that a specific code must have been logged on the computer, anyone know what this code would be???

·
Registered
512 Posts
Probably they are talking about the converter code which is P0422 or 16806. As far as I know vw has an extended warranty on catalyst converters of some of the AEG engines because of the wrong material.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Probably they are talking about the converter code which is P0422 or 16806. As far as I know vw has an extended warranty on catalyst converters of some of the AEG engines because of the wrong material.
The Dealer, however, was refering to the Emissions, 8 year/100k mile Warranty. Strange though, as the warranty specifically doesn't include anything but the parts listed in the capture I've posted below (flex pipe = 2 yr/24k miles). Probably the Dealer's way of getting the Poster to come in and spend some money or questioning the OPer's self-diagnosis. See attached complete Warranty. These one taken from an '03 Owner's Manual, however, this is the USA Federal Emmissions Warranty, and as the OPer has indicated kilometers, they are quite possibly in Canada and the warranty may differ slightly. So nice when ppl want help but don't bother completing the information in their User CP.

MORAV

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with what you are saying about the dealer however I have questioned them quite thoroughly and it appears the dealer won't weld in just the replace flex pipe. The whole section from flange to converter is replaced in one piece. I am hoping they are looking to make money from VW on warranty. I was also told, in Canada, that some 2003 models warranty on this section have been extended without mass notification. My appointment is Friday, I guess I will find out then..........

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I agree with what you are saying about the dealer however I have questioned them quite thoroughly and it appears the dealer won't weld in just the replace flex pipe. The whole section from flange to converter is replaced in one piece. I am hoping they are looking to make money from VW on warranty. I was also told, in Canada, that some 2003 models warranty on this section have been extended without mass notification. My appointment is Friday, I guess I will find out then..........
Good luck with your visit. Keep us posted. And if you find out what THAT DTC is, let us know.

M.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
covered

well it was a great experience at the dealer. The whole job was covered and didn't cost me a cent. If fact the manifold studs broke and they gave me a loaner for the weekend.

replaced under warranty:
- catalyst
- gasket
- clamp
- nut
- oxygen sen
- stud
- washer

:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Glad to hear it, that is NOT the usual outcome of a dealership visit. What is the name of the dealership, they deserve a little credit and the Volks in yure area might like to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts