NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I LOVE them too, just be careful because they aren't legal in every state. I put ones on mine and they wouldn't pass inspection and I had to take them off.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the light covers on Elmo :) Love them, and yep Blugg I do want those wheels too just got to convince my husband...

Kate

·
131,000 miles!
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wish they had colored ones for like the color of your beetle, when i was in california i saw a white beetle with white flower tail light covers. i've looked everywhere online but couldnt find any. maybe you can paint them. and i think they are legal in north carolina, i see them alllllllll the time lol

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
i wish they had colored ones for like the color of your beetle, when i was in california i saw a white beetle with white flower tail light covers. i've looked everywhere online but couldnt find any. maybe you can paint them. and i think they are legal in north carolina, i see them alllllllll the time lol
I think people paint them to match. It's worth a try. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you paint them, use Krylon Fusion, or similar paint designed for ABS plastic. "Regular" paints won't stick very well unless you use a special primer.

Looks like their "satin pewter grey" is close to your color.

btw, still have a pair cheap if anyone can use them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tdad, how much for the covers and could you send them to me in the UK?
I had a pair from someone on here before that were removed from Elmo when we sold him & brought back for Cookie but we lost one in the bad weather a couple of weeks ago!

Thanks

Kate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help!

I just got my covers in the mail today& im sure its easy to install but can anyone tell me how you did it? I work better with instructions& mine didn't have any.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts