NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'69 Bug, '79 Van, '05 Bug
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little indicator-light (green) on the main light swithch in my 2005 NBC only sometimes lights up now when I pull the swithch to turn on the fog lights. Since it is on sometimes, and not at other times, always when pulled firmly out, I am thinking a short. In the switch, at the fog lights, where??

I will pull the entire switch out and inspect, but has anyone else had this problem, found a cause, and a fix?

Danke

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
I would think it's the switch. Probably the LED or a resistor or something. You should be able to get a new switch under warranty if you can get it to show the same problem while your at the dealer.

·
Save a horse, ride a....
222 Posts
I've had my share of light switch problems. With my original switch, the fog lights were always on whether the switch was pulled out or not. Bought the car used, though, so there was no warranty.

Bought a Euro switch (didn't know this at the time, but it was a knock off, not a true VW part) and it worked great for about a year, then the fog lights started coming on without the switch being pulled out.

Recently bought a used true Euro switch and I've noticed that the fog light indicator doesn't always light up either. The LED seems fine, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the switch itself. The foglights DO work though like they're supposed to.

Anyway, like was already mentioned, if it's under warranty get VW to replace it.

·
'69 Bug, '79 Van, '05 Bug
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the switch and there were no loose wires, so to the dealer she goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts