VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am considering making my first mod to my 06 NBC. As you can assume from the title, I want to put yellow LED footwell lights on the driver and passenger side of my car. I've seen a few pictures of people that installed these lights and they look pretty cool in my opinion. Anyway, not 100% sure I wanna do it, as I know a very small amount about electrical mods. In a perfect world, I want the lights to turn on/off when I switch the headlights on so that they wont be on when the DRL are on (obviously). Seems like I'd just have to tap into the wiring for headlights, which sounds fairly simple- but I could be wrong and it's more complicated than that....Just dont know how to go about doing it. Has anyone done this to their beetle? If so are there any pictures/detailed step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! Received my lights Thursday and on Friday I successfully installed them. I tapped into the light above the cup holder area which is just under the heating/cooling system buttons. It was very easy. And the cool thing is I can dim them too if I should choose so. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
I don't care.....
786 Posts
Thanks so much! Received my lights Thursday and on Friday I successfully installed them. I tapped into the light above the cup holder area which is just under the heating/cooling system buttons. It was very easy. And the cool thing is I can dim them too if I should choose so. Thanks again!

Exactly what i did with mine. Best thing is you know the voltage is right as it's on a light circuit. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This response is way late but I am loving the blue! It looks really good. What color is your bug? I am probably going to get new lights. I wanted yellow but the color is more of an amber or orange and they aren't as bright as I would like. I'm thinking about buying white lights and getting yellow transparency paper to cover it to hopefully get the yellow effect that I am looking for. Since true yellow lights are really hard to find. I will post a photo of my current lights at night when you can actually see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts