NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get back to running. 1) Because the Navy told me I'm too slow, and too round; 2) I used to love to run.
Well any way, I have a question for those of you that run on a normal basis. After I do my run (which is a 1 1/2 miles) and I'm cooling down, well I get this pop in the back of my right foot. It's not the heel, but on the back of my foot. As I walk, it feels like something pops out, and then back in real quick, but not on every step. It hurts a little bit each time it does that.
Has anyone else had that problem?

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Hmm, that hasn't happened to me. I have had parts of my feet hurt after runnnig, but that was before I bought proper running shoes, and it just turned out that I didn't have enough cushioning and support.

So, first off, got proper running shoes?

Me, I used to run outside, but now I just do the treadmill at my school gym because it's ridiculously hot all the time down here :lol:

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could use some new ones. The ones I got are about to the point that they need to changed. I may try that first... But I think it happened even when I got these. They are New Balance, not sure what number is on them though.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I had something that sounds exactly like what you are talking about. The doctor said my calf muscle was too tight, and gave me some stretches to do.

Stand a couple of feet from a wall. Touch the wall with your hands. Keep one leg straight (this is the leg you are stretching). The other leg will be bent slightly. Lean in towards the wall, you'll really feel the stretch in the calf muscle of the leg you are stretching. Hold that position for about 30-60 seconds, then switch legs.

Try and do this before and after you run. If you aren't stretching at all, you should. There are quite a few other stretches I do. Trust me, it's worth the extra time.

When I had a problem similar to what you are describing, I let it go WAY too long. To the point that when I quit running, I felt like I could barely walk. And the weird part is, it didn't feel too bad while I was running, but when I finished, I wanted to die. The pain was horrible.

Haven't had any trouble for probably 10 years now, since I've added these stretches to my routine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts