NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Why settle for one or the other when you can have both in
One unit. I have been running the Forge Splitter Valve which acts as a diverter valve and it blows of
About 10% to atmosphere which gives you a nice
Swooshing sound. Plus it even let's you adjust
The tension of the valve without taking it off or
Apart. Easy fine tuning and performance without
Any of the problems of a full blow off valve.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just replace yesterday my Forge 007 for a APR R1 and I'm really happy. just intall it to divert back to the intake like the stock. My forge was due to a rebuild kit and was sticky and surging like hell from 20 psi to 15 back and forth. now i spike to 21 and settle at 17-18. Im running APR 93.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I just replace yesterday my Forge 007 for a APR R1 and I'm really happy. just intall it to divert back to the intake like the stock. My forge was due to a rebuild kit and was sticky and surging like hell from 20 psi to 15 back and forth. now i spike to 21 and settle at 17-18. Im running APR 93.
The R1 is decent Diverter valve but isn't adjustable nor does it vent to atmosphere like the Forge Splitter valve does.
You could have taken the Forge 007 apart and cleaned it. Would have been a lot cheaper than buying the APR R1 valve.
Also a lot of people use the wrong spring with the Forge 007.
A stronger spring isn't always the best solution. The Green spring works just fine for the Beetle.
You didn't list what type of car you have? What year 1.8 Beetle do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
sure that forge is a solid product but after trying both I feel like the R1 is smoother and respond more naturaly. my forge was like an on -off boost but i know that was because need it to rebuild for about 30 bucks. just wanted to try the APR and like it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, is a 04 Turbo S beetle. APR 93 with the stage 2 updadate to get rid of the rear 02 sensor CEL, 3"42 Draft designs DP to 2.5 same brand catback. neuspeed TIP and p-flow but with a newer K&N filter with a velicity stack built in. BTW tought about go with a full 3" TB exhaust but was not sure for a K03s stock turbo.

·
Turbo
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow that's a lot. Thanks! And I def look into it when I get a chance!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

1 - 9 of 9 Posts