NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So let's see what we could figure out about the newer forums.

Here's what I was envisioning... I have NO IDEA if this is at all what everyone else thinks or not... so I figured this'd be a nice place to start into that.

Here's the current break down.

Private Forums:
- Moderators HideOut

NewBeetle.org
- Site News
- New Member Forum
- Suggestion Box

Community
- Miscellaneous Hoo-Ha
- Hoo-ha: Hot Topics
- Event Announcements
- The New Beetle Experience

News
- Latest News
- Features
- Reviews
- Rumors and Insights

The Gallery
- Photos: New Beetles
- Photos: Get Togethers
- Photos: Members

Discussion - Styling
- Styling Modifications
- Paint and Body
- New Beetle Detailing/Cleaning

Discussion - Technical
- Technical Modifcations
- 2.0 Liter Gas
- 1.9 Liter TDI
- 1.8 Liter Turbo
- Concerns and Problems with the New Beetle

Discussion - Misc.
- New Beetle Convertible
- Car Audio
- New Beetle/Volkswagen Toys
- General Volkswagen Discussion: Water-cooled/Current
- General Volkswagen Discussion: Air-cooled
- Motorsports

Marketplace
- New Beetle Classifieds
- Parts and Accessories

Internation Forums
- The Canada Corner
- Un forum francais pour la New Beetle

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I'd like to see the following changes..

- Creation of a Miscellaneous - Other categegory for
-- Misc Hoo-Haa
-- Hot Haa (Kept Private)
-- Photography* if necessary
-- Car Audio
-- Motorsports

- Creation of a General Volkswagen category for
-- NB/VW Toys
-- VW Aircooled
-- VW water cooled
-- VW Rumors/Insights

We should get rid of the Discussion Misc, or just make it the above mentioned Misc -Other type of category, NBC should be moved to Discussion Techincal?

Keep the news category for NB.org news, reviews and features IF AND ONLY IF we actually start getting some reviews written up etc...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's my modified version. Pls make changes in red or something so we can see them.

Private Forums:
- Moderators HideOut

Hoo-Ha Hot Topics:
- Rants
- Politics
- Religion

NewBeetle.org
- Site News
- Features
- New Member Forum
- Suggestion Box

Community
- Miscellaneous Hoo-Ha
- Event Announcements
- The New Beetle Experience
- VW Discussion
- - Air-cooled
- - Water-cooled
- - New Beetle/Volkswagen Toys
- Hobbies
- - Photography
- - Amateur/Professional Motorsports

News
- Latest News
- Reviews
- Rumors and Insights

The Gallery
- Photos: New Beetles
- Photos: Get Togethers
- Photos: Members

Discussion - Styling
- Styling Modifications
- Paint and Body
- New Beetle Detailing/Cleaning

Discussion - Technical
- Car Audio
- Technical Modifcations
- NewBeetle Coupe
- NewBeetle Convertible
- 1.8 Liter Turbo
- 1.9 Liter TDI
- 2.0 Liter Gas
- 2.5 Liter Gas
- ... PDI?
- ...Any other engines?
- Transmission related issues
- Concerns and Problems with the New Beetle

Marketplace
- New Beetle Classifieds
- Parts and Accessories
- Buyer/Seller/Dealership Feedback

Internation Forums
- The Canada Corner
- Un forum francais pour la New Beetle
- Espanol

*BTW: editing a post while doing a quick reply works pretty friggin' slick.

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
Under Marketplace, could there be another section for selling beetle related items? I know one person sells VW purses and I sell VW bibs and pillows. I never know where I should try and list them, so I just have the link to my eBay store in my sig.

I like how Hoo Ha Hot Topics got broken down into sections. Still think we might need a joke section!??

The rest is looking really promising!:D

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*Grr, VB3 doesn't remember me very well.

Jokes; sure that'd be a fair move. I guess we could change "hobbies" to something else, "From the sidelines" or somethin' like that?

Hot Topics: I'm not sure about the breaking it up yet. I like the idea, only because it will allow people in search of political refuge shelter from the religious stuff; and vice versa. Basically limit the affected area.

Miscellaneous VW related goods sounds like a great idea.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
I like noR's revised items. And I agree, a VW related goods forum. The "NB Coupe", and "NBC'' will work for keeping every year together, and not dividing them (re: '98-05/06+).

Keeping Hot topics "hidden" or "subscription" only, or at the very least, not accessible for one week after registering, good ideas.

This is getting exciting!:)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone have a list of all the engines available? I think I also wan't to include VR6, since that has become more and more common.

noR

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
Should we have a break down of the Moderators Hideout?

I can see it working as it does now...but if we had specific areas it might be easier to follow issues...but I don't want to make it more complicated than it needs to be...

Moderator Hideout:
- General
- Thread needs closing/editing/etc (for moderators of other forums to report)
- Users Ban/Warning/Watch

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
noR said:
Anyone have a list of all the engines available? I think I also wan't to include VR6, since that has become more and more common.

noR
'cept the only VR6's in Bugs are either RSi's or aftermarket so there really isn't much discussion, except for people drooling.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
There are more and more people doing the swap. There've been quite a few to post on the Vortex lately.

I think it'd be nice to have an area for that to be discussed here. Whether it be asking for advice for a problem for someone who has already done it, or even how to's or informational for those who are thinking about doing it.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome idea about the moderator's hideout Antoine. That'd kick things up a notch.

Yeah, w/the VR6's it's not only a way for those members to share their vr6 knowledge & experiences w/us; but rounds them up for us to drool. ;)

Hope you don't mind the red-text edit Antoinne; I'll rebuild that list again at the end of the day; just using the text color to highlight the change info.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*VB3 note: when editing a post; It's kinda confusing that the edit button stays there. I've 2 or 3 times clicked on 'edit' again, instead of 'save' while making edits.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
pdoel said:
How about also an area for "Blackhole" type messages[/COLOR]. Ones we just want to get rid of, but don't really need to be discussing.
Good idea. Trolls, and spammers moved threads? Black hole, Yay!

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
noR said:
Awesome idea about the moderator's hideout Antoine. That'd kick things up a notch.

Yeah, w/the VR6's it's not only a way for those members to share their vr6 knowledge & experiences w/us; but rounds them up for us to drool. ;)

Hope you don't mind the red-text edit Antoinne; I'll rebuild that list again at the end of the day; just using the text color to highlight the change info.
That's cool...I guess I should have done that.

Okay - you guys have convinced me about the VR6 thingy...maybe it will illicet more of the tuner types to the forum as well...

·
Super Moderator
8,917 Posts
pdoel said:
I like the breakdown in the hideout as well.

How about also an area for "Blackhole" type messages. Ones we just want to get rid of, but don't really need to be discussing.
Like a place for all the threads that have been locked and moved to the hideout or the ones that we have duplicated to the hideout just in case we need to be able to go back to the pre-edited versions for any reasons.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts