NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of no where Tennessee. Actually it is less than 10 miles from my house in Lewisburg. I had been hoping to find some junked NBs because I am wanting to scrounge for parts that I need (rear headrests & rear cargo cover). There wasn't anything here for me but they do have quite a few air cooled.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Good info!!

But that made me sad - it's a Beetle graveyard!:(:D

·
Kaylee Bug
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info!!

But that made me sad - it's a Beetle graveyard!:(:D
I know, it was sad. There were more as they were set up in an "L" configuration. I just think of all the fun the drivers had while they were still running and smile.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
In the middle of no where Tennessee. Actually it is less than 10 miles from my house in Lewisburg. I had been hoping to find some junked NBs because I am wanting to scrounge for parts that I need (rear headrests & rear cargo cover). There wasn't anything here for me but they do have quite a few air cooled.

With a little work and imagination, this doesn't have to be their final resting place. They can become............
This

Attachments

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
:cry::eek5::crying:

Sorry to say it, but that's the direction I'm heading with my next air sucker.;)

Of course, I won't cut up a good car but will most likely start with a bug someone has already hacked up for a baja. Chop the top, dropped model A tube axle with hairpins, vintage Halibrand wheels and wide whitewall bias plys:cool::cool::cool:
I've been down every vintage aircooled road (non coach built) you can travel, just check out my "other rides" thread. This time will probably be my last time and I want something "in your face". A real "pi$$ off the purists" ride.:D

Unless lnzbug's "eek" wasn't directed at me. In that case, never mind;):D

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
No no no no , I like those cars. I was just sad about the graveyard ones.
Whew, I had taken you for more of a liberal than that:D
The only thing I can say about the OB graveyard is that they are still hopefully available to scavange from. Better than shredded and heading to China:(

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
Whew, I had taken you for more of a liberal than that:D
The only thing I can say about the OB graveyard is that they are still hopefully available to scavange from. Better than shredded and heading to China:(
Do you think there are any seat belts in them? I can use a set for Fatbusturd?
Actually we'll probably be spraying our vert black satin over the rust holes just cause I'm sick of seeing the sad shape the paint is in and we don't have the time to restore it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts