NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
125 miles

Introducing my new 2012 Beetle 2.5L.

Here is my Mother holding up the Mojo mats the salesman threw into the deal post-sale. Kyle Vargas at Ganley Westside you might have ADD and you might be a tiny bit scatter brained but you came through for me. You also did an excellent job finding my car and going to bat for me.

Thank you.
Tom

Pomelo and P______ (don't know her name yet but it starts with P) sitting side by side. An excellent angle to see just how much has changed and what has remained the same.

Went out tonight to play with the settings and see how the interior looks at night. Shot a couple basic pics. Nothing fancy.

Woohoo only 125 miles!!! Newest car I've ever owned!!!

Love the multiple choice LED lighting on the door panels. I didn't realize it also lit up a band just under the window sill. Looks pretty awesome to tell the truth.

Bit blurry but you'll have that. lol

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
I'm sad to see Pom go, but at the same time, so HAPPY that you will be back on the road! Congrats! :party:

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sad to see Pom go, but at the same time, so HAPPY that you will be back on the road! Congrats! :party:
Not being able to drive Pomelo for the last year made it easier to trade her in but it was still one of the top 5 hardest "grown up" choices I've had to make. Right up there with putting my dog to sleep. Yes it was REALLY that hard to let her go. :mad:

However I have to admit that the 2012 is her superior in every single way except hugability. Pomelo was just so adorably cute. I'll miss her but I'm loving my B12. :)

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Wonderful Beetle; so pretty! :) Congratulations :thup:

Happy miles with it!

Looking forward to see more pics...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Tom,

:)Congrats again,

Your New (Beetle) Looks Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Happy Driving,

JonK

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a surprise visit from a fellow Beetle owner (JonK) that drove all the way from State College, PA just to snap a few pics and buy me a celebratory lunch at Sonic.

We then drove up through the Metroparks and took a few more pics up by the Rocky River Reservation.
Yes that's all 6'5" 400lbs of me VERY comfortably sitting behind the wheel

Then headed to my Mother's place so he could play with Oscar (70 Beetle).

Did get to nearly double the miles on my Beetle today. What a genuinely fun car to drive. Oh and... grrrrrrr my driver window just started to act up. It's officially a Volkswagen. Something broke. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
The look on your face, that huge smile, made it all worthwhile. I'm truly happy for you! :heart:

·
1,255 Posts
I am glad that you got a 2012 Beetle, it sure does look nice. You will need to give us a New Beetle and Beetle comparison after a while. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts