NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 1981 DMC-12 with 17,000 original miles.

Engine: 2.85 Liter V-6
Interior: 2 Seats - Black Leather
Exterior: Raw Stainless Steel

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
That is one of my all-time favorite cars ever, your DeLorean! Wow!:)

·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FineExampl said:
That interior looks all original, am i right?
john
Thanks!

Other than system upgrades and lowering, the car is completely stock in apperance.

Here it is when I went to buy it:

After:

Engine Before:

Engine After:

I have done all of the work to this car. 100% work of love.... :D

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Freaky Beetle said:
100% work of love.... :D
:kiss: It shows. All of your cars are beautiful! :clap:

·
Feel the Power!
302 Posts
This car is absolutely amazing!

Congrats dude!!!

:bowdown:

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
Awesome. I have always, always wanted a DeLorean. When I lived in Newport Beach, someone in my parking complex had one, and I always parked near it hoping to someday meet the person and ask him or her about it.

:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ahh, the venerable Renault V6, I remember hearing stories about DeLorean not being able to get a Chevy 350 like he wanted because Chevy didn't want his car to be faster than their Corvette.

I do believe that the DeLorean *was* designed for a small block V8, if / when I ever got one, that's the first thing I would do.

Hehehe, *then* it would sound like Doc Brown's time machine with that nice, deep V8 growl.

·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TeddyTiger said:
Ahh, the venerable Renault V6, I remember hearing stories about DeLorean not being able to get a Chevy 350 like he wanted because Chevy didn't want his car to be faster than their Corvette.

I do believe that the DeLorean *was* designed for a small block V8, if / when I ever got one, that's the first thing I would do.

Hehehe, *then* it would sound like Doc Brown's time machine with that nice, deep V8 growl.

I have seen a 350 Chevy DeLorean in person. The owner did a very clean install. The prototype DeLorean had a Citroen engine, but the PRV was chosen because it was the most power engine to weight at the time. The two twin turbo DeLorean PRV-6s in existance are quite powerful! 0-60 is less than 6 sec. on those cars. My favorite engine swap so far has been a Lotus Twin Turbo V8! Beleive it or not, the PRV sounds like a V8 at idle with a free flow exhaust installed. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
TeddyTiger said:
Heh! One of my favorite cinematic blunders....the Delorean was Electric in the first movie and somehow by the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd when it was appropriate for an arrow to get lodged into the gas tank to somehow make gas be a reason for engine power loss to occur.

Still have my eyes on them..Jai's is one of the best looking ones out there. :goodjob: Get Deloreans.org back up and running!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
marvins_dad said:
Heh! One of my favorite cinematic blunders....the Delorean was Electric in the first movie and somehow by the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd when it was appropriate for an arrow to get lodged into the gas tank to somehow make gas be a reason for engine power loss to occur.

Still have my eyes on them..Jai's is one of the best looking ones out there. :goodjob: Get Deloreans.org back up and running!
Perusing old threads...

That wasn't a blunder man. In either the 2nd or 3rd BTTF Doc Brown clearly makes a point that the engine always ran on ordinary gasoline, but needed the plutonium (and likewise the Mr. Fusion) to generate the 1.21gigowatts of electricity needed for the flux capacitor. Remember, they could get the car to run in the 1955, just couldn't time travel. The only time they had trouble was in 1885 with no gasoline.

Sorry to jump off topic a bit, i just love this car and those movies.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts