VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, as the title suggest I'm Fred from Pennsylvania. I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago. I didn't introduce myself at that time because I was just a wanna be then. Yesterday I changed all of that when I purchased my 1999 Yellow New Beetle GlS.
I had the Bug bug in 1981 but couldn't find one at the time so I bought a 411 station wagon. That did not end well. Years later I took the plunge again with other used VW's. I had a 91 Jetta, 84 Rabbit and a 99 Cabrio.
I have a real good feeling about this one. So far I love it. It needs a few minor repairs and few cosmetic touch ups.
I want to thank every one who has contributed to this forum over the years. This forum is an invaluable resource.:)
Now if I can come up with the right name for my bug. I've been considering Old Yeller or Speed Buggy (from the cartoon in the 70's).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Welcome to the Org, :wave2: and Welcome, finally, to the New Beetle! :party:

So happy for you! :clap:

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Ohio! Loved Speed Buggy as a kid many years ago!
Thanks neighbor and glad to meet another speed buggy fan or even someone who knows what I'm talking about lol.:biglaugh:

·
junk driver
43 Posts
Welcome! Tons of useful info here. What part of PA are you from? Sorry if posted but my phone is being dumb right now. We have a group / club from PA feel free to join. Keystone Kafers on facebook!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Fred! Check out the Facebook group Keystone Kafers. We are a newer group from eastern PA and other parts. Great place to discuss beetles and we do get togethers. I have a 99 too! - Matt

·
MOGOandTicToc
17 Posts
Hey friend. Welcome to the org and back into the great world of Beetle ownership. Al Stewart, a member, alerted me to your post and the fact that you're from Pennsylvania. I run an org associated Facebook group called KEYSTONE KÄFERS based in Pennsylvania and would love to have you join. Just go into fb, lookup KEYSTONE KÄFERS and request membership. Looking forward to adding you. Once again, welcome and welcome back. Lol.

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the invite KEYSTONE KÄFERS. Went there and clicked join.:)

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! Tons of useful info here. What part of PA are you from? Sorry if posted but my phone is being dumb right now. We have a group / club from PA feel free to join. Keystone Kafers on facebook!
Moosic Huh? RIP Ghost Town in the Glenn,I have memories of good times there.

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
My powdercoater is in Sunbury..I am only 45 minutes from there..Dennis Marquette also is in that area..He not only works on Beetles,he sells parts and supplies metalmanparts.com

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts