NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at all options available for a iphone mount in my beetle. I didn't want wires running up to my windshield or dash. I didn't mind buying one but I did not like anything. First the aux plug is in the stupidest location.... I got a piece of industrial 3" velcro and put one on the shifter and one on my phone. It works perfectly. It also fixes iphone 4's stupid camera lens problem. I never use a case so when you set the phone on a table the camera lens touches and gets scratched. Not no more. This may be a bit ghetto but it works good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
You know the only thing I could say positive about my automatic was that the shifter acted as yet another bird perch....

Now it's a stick shift. Much, much better. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shifter

I know my little velcro idea was ok but I am not happy looking down all the time. I am building a mount for my phone to go into my vase. I will post pics later. It will be in the perfect place....

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
When I was using a portable mp3 player before upgrading my radio, I just put some velcro between the two center air vents. Worked fairly well and I could easily access it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts