NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i justp urchased my Beetle a few days ago and wasnt actually planning on a VW. I was looking at a new pick up. My old-lady and i were out looking at the truck and she didnt like the snout so, we searched the lot and here is this Beetle... she luaghed at me, i talked to my contact at the deeler and i climbed in... I found heated leather seats, full 6cd changer, every option in the world along with a manual tranny. I waS EXCITED. I asked my bud if i could push the envelope a lil, see what a "sport" had to offer, he buckled his seat belt and off we went. BLOWN AWAY, first to second 50mph, chirped it (traction control and all) into third and hil 73... Matt's excited at this point (big motor head)... I pull the hand brake and slide into a parking lot side ways... slide to a stop... Look at Jay... "sold" Back out onto the main road in and out of traffic with the motor in high revs and my foot through the floor board. Im moving at 65 in a 45 with no fright of losing traction in and out of cars, slam the brakes and the ABS locks up the rears and pulses the fronts to steadlily slow down. I am smiling ear to ear... Pull back in to the dealer and sign my life away to my first beetle...

Matt

I am looking into performance upgrades for it, i am a mechanic and can do all my own work. I dont know what can be domw with a V5 2.0l, I looked around for stroke and compression ratios, all found but, i need performance upgrade possiblities... anyone?:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Be nice to your New Beetle, and it will be nice to you. Take care of your new car, and post some pics!

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Welcome aboard dude! Do you have a 06 i5 2.5L or a 04-earlier 1.8T/2.0L? I hear the 2.5 (2006 models) can take some Audi parts and go to 200-some some horsepower :)

Have fun!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Software upgrades (chip) is common place. Best bang for the buck probably. That'll raise your boost limits and provide adequate fueling.

Sounds like you need an LSD installed in your transmission. Quaife has something for ya.

Swap your brake pads; the brakes are pretty good already; but the pads can make a world of difference. Using other vw cars you can upgrade the front and you could even swap the rear to vented rotors as well. (R32 brakes all round; you'd need carriers, and calipers[for the rear], rotors and pads)

There's a lot of things you can do to the suspension if you want to mess w/it. I'd recommend just a rear sway bar. It makes a nice impact all by itself and doesn't spoil the smooth ride. But if you want camber changes you'll need to branch out a bit (control arms, wheel spindle, or new upper mounting system)

Enjoy.

·
I can't reach my itch....
134 Posts
Read................

I don't have time to check for dates..............LOL:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts