VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day.

Well, today, I reversed-out off a steep driveway, so my front bumper scraped from the inside out, with the edge of the driveway. Sounded horrible despite me going slowly. Later, I realized there was a gap between the bumper and the fender, along the headlight towards the wheel arch. I felt bad... but only to feel worse when i realized my headlight was off-aim.. like pushed up!! seems the scraping did more than a horrible noise but now appears the bumper and fender are misaligned and for some reason this pushed the headlight bucket up, off aiming it!!!

I've read a couple posts regarding removing the front bumper and fenders and I think I will tackle it tomorrow. Will take it slowly and be careful. I want that horrible gap to disappear and lining things back again smoothly. Want to invesitate also what could have been broken to move my light off aim so bad. Wish me luck guys.

Any pointers? I have read that there are lots of screws to keep track of and to remove the front tires. While I'm at it, will remove the snow box (will replace it with nothing) and see what other things around there appear to be broken/missing or can be improved. i think that my front grill needs some love and attention too. Just wanted to share what I will go over tomorrow.

Thanks for the information on this great site!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
check my thread, i wrote up a "how to" when i did my front mount and cold air intake.

-jd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm new here and it's not letting me start a new thread. So, this is a close topic.

I hit a tire tread and broke my grill. 2016 Beetle. I bought a new grill.

Do I have to remover the whole front end to get the new grill in, or is there some way of inserting it from the front?

Thanks

Richie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts