VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group I need your help. I have a 2003 Beetle convertible and need to replace front crash sensor. In order to do that I have to take front clip off. I have an idea from reading this forum but wanted to ask if any if you all had done this if so. Please call me at 540 588 8844. Or email me at. [email protected]. Any help would be appreciated!

Mark
Roanoke VA

·
Older but not Wiser
1,015 Posts
the bumper and both fenders come off as one piece. 2 people needed.

well first start off by jacking up the car and take both front tires off (17mm)

then the fender liners (25 torx)

then take off the torx bolts that are in the picture below.

then you have 10mm nuts 5 on each side and 1 under the side skirt. these are towards the doors in the fender.

take out the headlights, and disconnect all of your turn signals and temp sensor for outside temp.

then you have 1 more 10mm at 12 o'clock in the fender well.

gently pry each fender away from body with 1 person on each side and pull all 3 pieces away at once.

hope that helps.

ill be home all day wednesday and can take a call. text me first. if you need help. thats the only time i am available, driving to SOWO car show in georgia and will be gone thu-mon.

-jd 469-236-2202

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thank you so much!! I plan on working on this tomorrow afternoon. The only area I am really concerned about are the bolts or screws under the outside mirrors. Am I correct that there are some screws that need to be removed here. They seem very hard to get to. But thank you so much for your offer to help. I will text you before I call.

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outside temp sensor

Sorry...but where is the outside temp sensor located? You had said this will need to be disconnected. thanks again!!!

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The outside temp sensor is under the front valance on the driver side. Close to the fog lights or where foglight would be. It's a little square block sensor which clips to a mounting point.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures at work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts