VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Quick and easy confirmation of parts being the same; can be done, by using vw's website and pick the year(s), to compare things and see if the part #'s are the same.

www.parts.vw.com

As to fitment; I haven't heard if the various years' panels fit up correctly, I can only assume, if they did, we would see customized new beetle's with various year panels mixed to gether to create a new look.

This was common, in the old aircooled beetle era but I haven't seen the same thing in the new beetle's and can only assume, they are not. VW tended to make running changes and even had some oddball differences in the early 98-99 models, then changed things in 2000, some refinements were made to things like the side mirrors, inside consoles, interior parts and then, the next a major change, was 2006-2010.

If you want to customize, the exterior of your 1998 to 2005 New Beetle; there have been various kits, that were avaialble, inclusing the rare RSi body panels, that are hard to find and you could always create your own look, by modifying things your self, which I can only assume, is the case in the above photo. For some reason, the 2006-2010 New Beetle models; ran out of popularity and thus, not many body kits were made for those years.

Of course, the next generation from 2012 on; they have had revisions and special models, like the "R" line, various running changes, to that series of Beetles as well! :)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,604 Posts
That just looks like some aftermarket bumper they mounted up.

If you want '06-'10 bumpers, you'll need headlights and fenders as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That just looks like some aftermarket bumper they mounted up.

If you want '06-'10 bumpers, you'll need headlights and fenders as well.
I've been looking for a month and can't find anything like this. I think that made it out of 2 bumpers. Just like the look that this bumper gives car. I have a idea for the stock one on it now. If it look bad then I may go this route

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.