NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased a 2000 beetle the car is in great condition other than the need of a front clip. The car was wrecked but looks almost like it went under something,(i will post pictures later) air bags did not come out and the front windshield is not busted. How hard is it to change the front clip on one of these cars? I have had many older bugs but have never worked on one this new. I will have alot more info this evening the car is being towed home now. It does look to me that the radiator has been pushed back a little.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
pay no attention to the above post, just some spam that will be cleaned up shortly.
The front clip comes off as one piece on the NB's.
Try the search engine on the site. It will be your new best friend. Also.....Welcome to the Org.

·
Owner of Puffy
144 Posts
there is a junkyard near me that has a couple front clips for NB, really does not look all that hard to change, nothing on these cars seems hard like on so many other cars that only garages or dealers can fix.

·
1999 Beetle TDI
332 Posts
When I replaced my fog lights and lower grille on our 99,it took about an hour and a half to 2 hours to complete it. You don't have to unbolt the hood to get the clip off,but if yours is damaged,it will have to probably come off.A helper to get the clip off comes in handy. There is a thread on here showing all the screw locations. Even if you aren't a mechanic,it's a pretty easy deal to do..Now about the pushed radiator,you may need to have something pulled. Taking off the front end will tell you more..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts