VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
First let's start with this - I'm a moron who swiped the side of her own garage and in doing so managed to pop the front side light into the car (2013 Beetle Convertible). So...here's my question. Anyone know how to get the housing of the side light to pop back in so that I can pop the actual light back in? All of the parts in question are fine, the pressure just pushed everything into the car. I was able to fish it out and I can detach the light but I can't seem to get the housing to stay where it's supposed to stay without falling back in. I thought it would pop into place,there are little plastic ridges on the bottom that would suggest it pop back into place but when I line them up (my hand is small enough to get in there!) it doesn't stay firmly in place, there's no clicking back in to anything that I can see or feel. Is there something it needs to click into at the top or elsewhere? Thankful for any insight - I feel like it's something simple and I'm just missing it.
With thanks - garage girl :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Welcome. A friend of mine backed entirely through his closed garage door with one of his car rear doors open. Yeah he made quite a mess. I had to disavow his friendship after that.

My wife hooked the drivers rear view mirror on the garage door track backing out one time, bent the track did nothing to the mirror. I bent the track back so the door would work but of course its not perfect so every time I walk past and see it I'm reminded of what happened. I'm sure others have good stories also.

Things could have been a lot worse. I think what has happened is one or two small clips that hold those fixtures in place were broken off, that is typically what happens in a case like this. You may have to replace the fixture, local junkyard, ebay, or VW dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello All
First let's start with this - I'm a moron who swiped the side of her own garage and in doing so managed to pop the front side light into the car (2013 Beetle Convertible). So...here's my question. Anyone know how to get the housing of the side light to pop back in so that I can pop the actual light back in? All of the parts in question are fine, the pressure just pushed everything into the car. I was able to fish it out and I can detach the light but I can't seem to get the housing to stay where it's supposed to stay without falling back in. I thought it would pop into place,there are little plastic ridges on the bottom that would suggest it pop back into place but when I line them up (my hand is small enough to get in there!) it doesn't stay firmly in place, there's no clicking back in to anything that I can see or feel. Is there something it needs to click into at the top or elsewhere? Thankful for any insight - I feel like it's something simple and I'm just missing it.
With thanks - garage girl :)
In case anyone wants the solution - I was able to fix it. The inside bracket is originally riveted to the inside of the car. So you need to reattach it with something. I used 3M Marine Adnesive Sealant. Had to hold it in place for about 20 mins for it to set. Left it for 24 hours. Worked - was able to snap the light back in once the bracket stayed where it was suppposed to. Done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts