NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever attempted this? it seems like the reflector is just glued in there. not sure if anyone ever attempted to heat it up and pull it out? I can find anything on here or vortex and google doesnt bring anything up neither.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Has anyone ever attempted this? it seems like the reflector is just glued in there. not sure if anyone ever attempted to heat it up and pull it out? I can find anything on here or vortex and google doesnt bring anything up neither.
It's been done, both successfully and unsuccessfully as I remember reading. Haven't seen a post in this regard in about a year, however. Legally, the amber reflector is required, we've debated this, so no need to go at it again. DOT Regs require front side amber reflectors, and rear side/rear red reflectors. You'll notice all the new factory clear lens setups still have these two items in one form or another.

M.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
ECS has been showing backordered on the clear corners for quite some time :(

·
9,487 Posts
ECS has been showing backordered on the clear corners for quite some time :(
damn... there's a set or two on ebay right now.

i have a set of euro oem corners... but they're staying with me :wink:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not worried about the legalities of it. $45 seems kinda reasonable. I wish i could just modify these instead...my wife wouldnt really care if there was amber there or not. shes a "if it aint broke dont fix it" person and $45 to replace a perfectly fine pair of lenses doesnt make sense to me either. Ill just polish them up and make them look new again then.

·
9,487 Posts
it's all a design/personal preference really.

wait for a pair to go on sale here cheaper and snatch them up.

depending on the color of the car, it can really clean up the look of the front end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts