NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I have a 2000 beetle.

Yesterday, randomly while driving home, my left turn signal started ticking double the speed it normally does. I checked and saw my front left turn signal isn't working. The turn light under my side view mirror and the rear turn signal both work. All three turn lights work on the right side.

I switched out the bulb from the front right to the front left which is how I found out its not the bulb that's the problem.

I checked the fuse just for kicks, and its not blown.

Side note: When I removed the light from the front left, I found water in the the lense casing that the bulb twists into. Not sure how the water got there or when. I've had this car for 8 years and have never had to replace this light before.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
bulbs

8 yrs and not having to replace a bulb? wow that's good man.
If you found water in the socket than that's your problem. I had a similar issue a while back and I found out that if you bend the little contacts inside the socket upwards and also put dielectric grease it helps keep the moisture out. I think the local parts stores call it bulb grease. good luck man

If that doesn't fix your problem try the Hazard switch relay I believe that also causes similar problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts