VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so the title pretty much says it all but I'll break down what's been happening over the past little while to get where I am today...

2013 70s style convertible:

Initally all was working then one day the back windows would inch down (since learned this is a safety cutout feature) but the roof would still open once the rear windows were down.

Then the front windows appeared to start making a squeaky sound when they go up or down (still do), the roof then stopped opening the last time the windows were down (this was when I learned not to keep inching the windows down).

I was wondering if it was all a linked issue? I've checked the fuses and they all appear to be fine but unsure what to check next. I live on an island (Scotland) and would have to take the car to mainland to get diagnosed and then rebooked in at a later date to get fixed so just seeing what I can check myself first.

TIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, so the title pretty much says it all but I'll break down what's been happening over the past little while to get where I am today...

2013 70s style convertible:

Initally all was working then one day the back windows would inch down (since learned this is a safety cutout feature) but the roof would still open once the rear windows were down.

Then the front windows appeared to start making a squeaky sound when they go up or down (still do), the roof then stopped opening the last time the windows were down (this was when I learned not to keep inching the windows down).

I was wondering if it was all a linked issue? I've checked the fuses and they all appear to be fine but unsure what to check next. I live on an island (Scotland) and would have to take the car to mainland to get diagnosed and then rebooked in at a later date to get fixed so just seeing what I can check myself first.

TIA
I had the same issue a month ago and found this and it worked for me. I have a 2003 new beetle turbo. My top would not open.

·
Registered
18,241 Posts
You might need to invest in a vw factory level scan tool; to read any stores trouble codes, in the controller for the top and this can help, narrow down the problem?

We have many problems with the new beetle era convertible tops but less so with the latest A5 convertible models. Diagnostic with out a VW scanner; can be like “flying blind”,. First, after trying the typical reset procedures,, then scanning and viewing live data for errors, would be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue with 2004 VW Convertable. Top will not open or close, no sound from the motor. Back window on passanger side I think is off track and on the drivers side when you roll back and front windows up there is a V Shaped cap where they should join together and seal. Any ideas would be great, also with the Foxwell NT809BT work for scanning anything on the VW?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts