NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New to VW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my 2013 TDI Diesel and LOVE driving it however I am having issues with a few things and want to see if others are as well as well as just want to express my frustration with others.

Every time I get out of the car my thigh hits the height adjustment lever and lowers the seat. So if I get in 2-3 times I just about can't see over the dash anymore and have to jack the seat back up, (yes, I am a shorty). This is a big issue for me as I drive from place to place because of my profession and this gets really frustrating.

The seat belt is so far away that I almost have to turn completely around to reach it.

Callers have trouble hearing me speak on bluetooth.

The manual seat back adjustment is incredibly inconvenient. I had to pull over on the side of the road (long story) and I needed to adjust the seat, but didn't want to get out of the car on a busy road, to raise the seat back of the rear seat to close off the hatch. This was quite a task as it wasn't an easy lever to pull it was a hard to turn dial and took 4-5 turns to get it to where I could get the head rest to clear the front seat.

There is no arm rest in the back seat (daughters issue)

Lastly, the glossy black trim that adorns the dash and interior side of the doors looks great but scratches just by looking at it.

I know that Ive listed only complaints but overall, I am in love with this car.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Hum, I haven't had those issues, but then don't have any back seat riders. They've grown up and drive themselves now days. Hope you get things adjusted the way you want as this car is terrific.

A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I hope you'll share a batch of yours!

·
New to VW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I assume that most of my issues stem from being 5' 2" so I hope that future models have auto seat controls. Had a few issues with rodents chewing the rubber around the back window and a cosmetic scratch inside but those are both being replaced. Driving this car is by far the most fun I've ever had and after the rear spoiler that I ordered comes in I'll get some pics uploaded.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

·
New to VW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We live in N. Alabama not sure where the car came from but it had just come off the truck two days prior. Still had all the white taping all over it, of which I am still removing the residue. We were a bit surprised to see the chewing as well. Not sure how the animal stayed in that location without scratching up the paint. Here is a pic. image.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
And keep enjoying! It might take some time to adjust reaching for seatbelt not with usual right hand going up, turning torso, but with left hand reaching down (funny described, yes). No other problems!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 5'2" also and have experienced the same problem with my leg hitting the seat lever as I enter and exit my 2013 TDI Convertible (her name is Jenny - I mostly call her Jen Bug). it took me a while to figure out why the seat seemed to be lowering, I'd get in and suddenly couldn't see out the rear view mirror. I thought perhaps I was starting to shrink, then realized it was the seat moving and not me getting ever shorter. So, yes, the constant readjusting the seat is no fun but I love Jen Bug so much and wanted a Beetle since I was a kid that I'm willing to deal with it. I haven't had the bluetooth problem and no one rides in the back so no issues there for me thus far. Just loving my beetle!

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
As far as the seat belt goes it's easiest to reach back from the bottom and grab it than to grab it from the top like one normally reaches for the seat belt. At least that's what I do and have no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts