VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retro/Techno
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted: a kind, loving, new owner for my first car. I'm putting the ad here first. I'll put this up on other sites next week. A bunch of you know my car and had expressed some interest in it.

1998 New Beetle - $4700
5spd
2.0L
Silver ext
Black cloth
Power locks/windows/mirrors
6 disc changer
MANY MANY extras (see below)

I purchased the car slightly used in Dec. 1998 with 3,800 miles on the odo. The car has been very reliable and I believe is a low manufacture number. While the car isn't perfect it is very clean and I'd like to think I took good care of it. The car has barely been driven this summer and I don't want to store it over the winter, so it's time to let him go.

I truly hope to find an enthusiast who will take good care of the car. With a weekend of work, the car could easily be returned to stock and could be a collector's item one day as it is an early 98 (March build date I believe). The car is in good condition and only needs some minor work (see below). The car has a cold air intake, a TechTonics exhaust, lowered H&R springs, Koni yellow adj struts in front.

Click link in signature for pics. I'll try to post updated ones later today.

The not-so-good-but-not-terrible:
- A/C is not working, hasn't in years. I drive with the windows down, so it never bothered me. I've never looked into the cause.
- "High" clutch pedal. Could need new clutch (G60/VR6 clutch and pressure plate come with the car), could need a hydraulic fluid drain.
- Small coolant leak

The good:
- All original OEM parts (orig alloys/suspension/airbox) are included
- 3 sets of wheels: 17: BRM reps w/ near new Kumho Ecsta summer tires, 16" retro steel wheels w/ air-cooled VW hubs with all-season tires, orig 16" OEM alloys
- PIP wood slat roof rack in good condition
- OEM bra (in OK condition)
- Car cover in excellent condition
- Koni yellow struts for rear (never installed)
- B&M short shifter (never installed)
- A TON of misc stuff including the original video tape that came with the car (if you still have a VCR), a ton of documentation, original owner's manual, etc. It's like 3 big boxes of stuff PLUS the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
Oh, I knew this was coming. I am sure Speed will go to a loving new family. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts
get speed bill get speed bill get speed bill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts