NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 New Beetle GLS TDI, 5spd, 55k miles, beige cloth interior, stock cassette stereo system, excellent condition.

Known problems:
  • Missing wheel cover. Apparently the guys at the shop didn't put it that one on correctly after they replaced the brakes, since it fell off the next day.
  • Needs a spare tire. (It has a full-size flat in the trunk.)
  • Plastic engine cover has a crack. Again, courtesy of the friendly guys down at the shop.
  • Wet carpet on the passenger side. Haven't located the source yet, but I'm not in a real hurry to go back to that shop to find out, since I think they may be the cause!
Aside from those few problems, the car is in pretty much perfect shape. :)

Make an offer.

Located in Houston, Texas.

(Can post photos soon.)

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
wet carpet could be from a blocked sunroof drain (if applicable) or a leaky heater core :( or you left the window open in the rain a bunch...

good luck,

a 99 with only 55k on it is worth a pretty penny, especially if the timing belt has already been replaced. if not, that is a $1000 job at a dealer or $600 at a good TDI guru. (reccommend the Guru)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing belt hasn't been replaced yet, as I haven't located a local TDI guru yet... just a dealership and a local shop, and I haven't been particularly thrilled with either.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
tdiclub.com is your best resource for finding a local guru

iirc runonbeer (username from tdiclub) is an excellent choice in texas and i believe he is willing to travel if needed.

you just have to wait for the tdiclub forums to come back online as they are in the middle of an upgrade this weekend.

good luck!

·
2,646 Posts
TDI Girl said:
1999 New Beetle GLS TDI, 5spd, 55k miles, beige cloth interior, stock cassette stereo system, excellent condition.

Known problems:
  • Missing wheel cover. Apparently the guys at the shop didn't put it that one on correctly after they replaced the brakes, since it fell off the next day.
  • Needs a spare tire. (It has a full-size flat in the trunk.)
  • Plastic engine cover has a crack. Again, courtesy of the friendly guys down at the shop.
  • Wet carpet on the passenger side. Haven't located the source yet, but I'm not in a real hurry to go back to that shop to find out, since I think they may be the cause!
Aside from those few problems, the car is in pretty much perfect shape. :)

Make an offer.

Located in Houston, Texas.

(Can post photos soon.)
What is the exterior color?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want this beetle. I have exactly $5000 in cash, no more no less. I am a college student in upstate NY. Please sell me this car, or trade for my VERY well cared for 1990 Vanagon GL. My eeemail = cpo3 at geneseo dot edu.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Congrats. :)

I will now close this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.