14,766 Posts
Oh

That's

Great! :clap:

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
whaaaaaa? sorry to see your car for sale. i hope everything is OK.:confused:

good luck with your sale. i wish i could buy it!

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
:( I don't beleive it.

I've re-read it and smacked my head against a wall and it still hasnt sunk in.

I hope you dont become a stranger around these parts, well we won't let you anyway.

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't become a stranger, I promise.

This is the best thing for my family/budget right now. I hate to do it, but in the long run, as much as I love him, he is not a necessity. Family must come first.

Please help me find him a good home.

Aaron

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
No!!! If I was anywhere near you I would buy it right this second :(

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, you are coming back soon, you could buy him, and I could park him and you could pick him up on the way to texas.

bump,

Find Growler a good home please :)

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
I'm going to officially whore G out on my local forums...they're G/J heavy, but a sharp NB could grab their attention.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
:cry: Still upset, but a question. Growler won't go with the steelies? Your post says "What it looks like now". No steelies? They make Growler what he is. I wish you and your family the best, Aaron.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
dnyed said:
:cry: Still upset, but a question. Growler won't go with the steelies? Your post says "What it looks like now". No steelies? They make Growler what he is. I wish you and your family the best, Aaron.

The steelies are there...he just removes the hardware for winter. Same rims.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Wow... all those memories.

Sleeping in Growler on the way down and back from Georgia. All those hours spent sanding, painting and clear coating that roof rack. Driving out to Toledo to look at him. Test driving him. Holding back my instincts to snake him out from under you when we got back from the test drive.

The countless hours antagonizing over a name. The GTGs... etc. I think I will miss Growler every bit as much as you will. I truly love that lil car and sincerly hope he finds a wonderful home. I wish it could be my home ... boy do I ever. He is an insanely handsome, powerful, fun and thrifty lil bug. :hugkiss:

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dnyed said:
Deb,

The steelies and all the hardware for the retro look wheels will go with the car. The roof rack on the other hand, I am still not sure about. currently it is in pieces getting powdercoated by Dupont and since it is being done for free, I have no exact time frame when it will be done.

My guess is I will hang onto the rack for future use for when I get/can afford another NB. I just have too much into it.

Trust me, I would rather keep him, but family finances must come first.

Aaron

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
:crying: This is too sad!!! {{{hugs}}} Aaron!
I think you need to interview every single person who is interested in buying him. It would be such a tragedy if he fell into the wrong hands!

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Fowvay said:
Geeee.... wanna guess who has been daydreaming about buying Growler? ;)
OOOOH! That right thar is purty!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts