NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I don't know how much interest there would be in my Beetle, but here are the details:

2001 VW New Beetle GLS Turbo
Limited Edition, Isotope Green color (I think only 2000 were released in the US)
39,500 miles
5 speed transmission
Grey Leather
Moonroof
Cold weather package: Heated seats, heated side mirrors, and heated spray nozzles.
Monsoon Stereo system: 8 speakers, monsoon amplifier, and 6 disc CD changer.
16" VW Alloy rims. Tires and brakes replaced at 30,000 miles
Great condition overall. No body damage, only minor rock chips on front bumper. The leather is in great condition. There are the usual minor scratches on the driver's door handle and some on the dash.

Let me know if anybody is interested. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KBB lists the private party value as $10,800. I know those prices don't always hold up in the real world. KBB lists trade in as around $8800, so halfway in between would be like $9800. Does that sound like a good price?
 

·
Good-bye Curby...
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
i think it sounds like a good price. where are you located? i'm not interested, but others will be. :D

good luck on your sale.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in southern Connecticut. Not too far from NYC. Also, I often visit my family in New Jersey, so any one in the Tristate area should let me know if they are interested.:D
 

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
Joined
·
18,311 Posts
queenvee said:
I live in southern Connecticut. Not too far from NYC. Also, I often visit my family in New Jersey, so any one in the Tristate area should let me know if they are interested.:D
Ohhhh are you kiddin me??!!! If I had the money I would so buy it from you! I love that color! I dont know how to drive manual though!! hehe :scared:
 

·
Good-bye Curby...
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Ohhhh are you kiddin me??!!! If I had the money I would so buy it from you! I love that color! I dont know how to drive manual though!! hehe :scared:
i will teach you...via phone. :D
 

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
Joined
·
18,311 Posts
callisto9 said:
i will teach you...via phone. :D
LOL

I've driven standard before but on older vehicles (an OB, a piece of crap 88 chevy pick up truck, 90 honda civic) I've been told its different (maybe easier) to drive stick in a newer car...that true?


Oops..sorry! Didnt mean to Hijack your thread!! I'll be sure to give you some free bumps once in a while when it starts to get buried :)
Good luck again!!! :goodjob:
 

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
Joined
·
18,311 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOH!!! I love that color!!!
Why do you want to get rid of it if you dont mind me asking?
I would want to keep it forever! Such an awesome color! Theres one around near me and the last time I saw it it was a really gloomy day and it literally glowed! It seemed to light up the crappy day. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm selling the bug for two reasons

1. My boyfriend and I live together and we each have a car. He just took a job in Manhattan so he takes the train in daily. I drive him to and from the station, so we really have no need for two cars. Selling one would save us a bunch of money.

2. I want to save up to buy either a 2007 Mini Cooper, or if they come out with a new Turbo Beetle I would also consider that. Of course this would be next fall at the earliest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it's not really about what we would keep but what we would get. If we sell the Beetle now, we'll get more money for it then we would next fall and we'll be saving a lot on car insurance and routine maintenance. So by next fall we can get a Mini or a new Turbo Beetle, if they decide to make them. Which maybe they won't and I'll have to get a Mini. Oh, poor me! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Cheat said:
If you'd like, I'd be more than willing to check this car out and provide an unbiased opinion on it.
If you want that would be great. But I live in South Western Fairfield county, not too far from New York.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
985 Posts
Oh, pooooo! I wish you'd decided to hang onto it for another 5 or 6 months. That NB is exactly what we'll be looking for late next spring. Our daughter is graduating in May and we'll need to buy her a good college car-- she'd love your isotope! And the mileage is nice and low. Too bad we missed this, and too bad we're in Texas-- that would be a bit of a road trip lol. And, she probably doesn't need another turbo. That girl has a lead foot.

Good luck with your sale. Wish it was mine!:)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,766 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I dont know how to drive manual though!! hehe :scared:
The VW 5-speed is the easiest manual in the world to drive. My newly licensed 16 year old niece caught on on her first try (our TDI). Later, I left her my S at her work, so she could drive it home alone, and I drove back in her car. The 6-speed is a little more difficult. She did great! If she can do it, you can, my dear! :D
 

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
Joined
·
18,311 Posts
dnyed said:
The VW 5-speed is the easiest manual in the world to drive. My newly licensed 16 year old niece caught on on her first try (our TDI). Later, I left her my S at her work, so she could drive it home alone, and I drove back in her car. The 6-speed is a little more difficult. She did great! If she can do it, you can, my dear! :D
WOW! You're an awesome, and brave aunt :lol:

I guess if I ever find someone with a manual NB I'll ask them to teach me. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
deeceedub said:
Oh, pooooo! I wish you'd decided to hang onto it for another 5 or 6 months. That NB is exactly what we'll be looking for late next spring. Our daughter is graduating in May and we'll need to buy her a good college car-- she'd love your isotope! And the mileage is nice and low. Too bad we missed this, and too bad we're in Texas-- that would be a bit of a road trip lol. And, she probably doesn't need another turbo. That girl has a lead foot.

Good luck with your sale. Wish it was mine!:)
Give her your '99 and take this one for yourself! :D Of course Texas still is pretty far, but you could ship it! ;)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top