NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Difficult to Part with
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 2002
Color: Double Yellow (All Black Leather interior with Yellow Leather Accents and stitching)
Engine: 1.8T
Transmission: Manual
Mileage: 37,100
Mods: Clear front corners, Bee Sting Antenna, Bud Vase iPod Cradle, Sunglass Holder (replaced handle over driver with pre-2001 flip-down style)
Includes: Trunk Liner, Carrier Bars, Jumper Cables/Flares, Belkin TuneDock, iPod Power Adapter and Cassette.

Audio: Monsoon Stereo, 6-Disc Changer

Hate to sell her, but I am moving overseas and have no choice. Looking for a good owner!
Asking: $13,000

Please contact by cell ASAP: 716.907.2919 or e-mail: [email protected]

Will post updated pics soon as it gets back from detailing. http://homepage.mac.com/md_/beetle/

·
Difficult to Part with
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad story: For some reason the car basically stopped driving. Engine revving super high, and barely drivable... all of the sudden. Took it to the dealership, and double-checked independently that it needed a new clutch. At 37,000 miles??? Whatever. I've taken care of this car like a baby, and NEVER driven in such a way as to warrant that. Dealership won't replace, VW service won't help, even the service manager was like "what the eff?"
Anyway, done with dealing with this, and not dealing with VWs horrible customer service anymore. They had the gall to tell me, "well, your window controls have an extra warrantee on them." Yeah, that doesn't help instill much confident as they have failed *six* times in the two Beetles I've owned.

Ended up negotiating with the dealer since it will cost them half of what it would me to replace the clutch (minimum independed quote $1400). They gave me a pretty good deal, and I'm done. I wish none of this on any of you. Enjoy your bugs, and take care of them all!

Peace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts