NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 Silver TurboS
103000 miles, I bought at 92000

Asking Price: $5000 (board member price only)
Located in Park City, Utah

Comes with summer and winter tires on rims. Summer tires on upgraded rims, pictures to follow.

Alpine head unit and amp (Bluetooth hands free, iPod, aux-in, etc). Will include factory head unit for completeness.

New battery within the last 6 months

According to previous owner the timing belt was done at 87,000 miles. Carfax report indicates a suitably priced service done at the time but does not spell out timing belt specifically.

Intermittent CEL indicates temperature sensor, having that replaced as I type this. - repaired

Airbag light on indicates left seatbelt switch. Having VW service repair this prior to sale or take as is priced accordingly. - repaired

Fully functional armrest.

Pictures to follow. Safety certification provided once airbag light is fixed but my service shop indicates that the car will pass safety even with the light on. - passed safety inspection with no issues

PM me with any questions

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1367522351.554410.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Don't call me pumpkin...
221 Posts
Dang, only $6,000 for a TS? With 2 sets of wheels? I guess our cars are getting a little older now, but still. Hope it goes to a good home, and GLWS!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a big move coming up and taking three cars with me just isn't in the cards. The beetle is the least suitable to my remote, 4WD friendly digs. Otherwise I couldn't let it go.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wanted to make a quick update on the car.

Just had new Goodyear all-seasons installed on the "summer" rims.

Replaced the temp sensor/sender and it seems to have fixed the intermittent CEL issue.

Had to update the vehicle registration which required a safety inspection. No issues, passed just fine. Mechanic commented that the brakes are in great shape.

·
Super Moderator
14,785 Posts
:(

I hope you don't regret. I know, I certainly did. :(:(:(

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
newbeetle.org special.

Reducing price by $500 for board members. Sadly I need to move on the 13th of June and my beetle can't come with me.

Keep in mind....

Two sets of tires and rims
roof rack base system
upgraded stereo
tinted windows
for board members will throw in the VAG code reader

Just passed the safety for registration
armrest fully functional

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw this on ksl today and was wondering if this was you!! Sucky!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
KSL pulled my ad and suspended my account because someone flagged the ad as "too-good to be true". Stupidly, KSL doesn't bother contacting the poster to verify before just cutting them out. Have had the account reinstated and the ad put back up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Edited post to reflect most recent service correcting the airbag light issue. Repaired and fully functional.

$5500 for any newbeetle.org member. Would rather loose money and see it going to a beetle-aware new home.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car is in Park City, UT and I am in Ontario, Canada. Hence the reason for selling and the reason I cannot get more pictures.

Only issues with the interior - passenger side hinge pin on rear deck cover is broken (deck sits in place but doesn't swivel nicely), missing the cup holder in the back seat, driver door handle is partly broken (typical) but still functions.

The rubber coating on the dash is not perfect but isn't gummy and messed up either.

Seats are black and grey leather with typical age creasing and there might be one small puncture in one of the seats but I'm just going from memory.

Car is mechanically great condition and drives very well. Some bushing squeeks from the stiffer suspension but nothing outrageous.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No longer up for sale. At least not in Utah.

Car is now being imported into Canada after a 2000+mile drive. Battery needed to be replaced after sitting for a little too long, otherwise no issues.

If any Ontario members are interested drop me a PM and we can talk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts