NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 GLS TDI in remarkable condition for age and mileage, here in Houston. Make Offer. I'll be glad to check this out for anyone serious about buying.

Volkswagen : Beetle - New | eBay

M.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Wow looks gorgeous! Wonder what the accident was in july of 2011.

Might be the "why" it looks so good, eh?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
553 Posts
Am i the only one to notice teh picture of the airbag headrest does not match the rest of the interior and is not leather?

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Am i the only one to notice teh picture of the airbag headrest does not match the rest of the interior and is not leather?
Well the seats are not leather as is mentioned over and over again in the description.

And they are showing a ton of wear,
as those tan material seats are a son of a gun to keep clean.

I just want to know what magic lotion they put all over everything toake it look so good.

The paint almost looks brand new except for the very bottom edge of the bumpers.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,922 Posts
Seems like two different sets of photos on this car. The pics on eBay definitely show cloth seats and falling apart door panels. If you click on a picture, it takes you to another site with pictures and the car has leather and door panels in tact with some stitching (except for the picture of the key on the seat, which is cloth). Not sure if they had the car redone or what but if they did, they need to put the better pics on eBay directly. Throwing a few red flags for me, personally.

You can tell the rear bumper has been replaced, or at least repainted. Color doesn't match and the finish seems to be a bit off as well. They don't include a picture of the headliner in the larger, linked pictures, but its sagging (not unusual in and of itself...mine was sagging much worse) and around the cubby on the ceiling its stained. Can't tell if its from cigarettes or what.

Anyone who buys this should definitely give a really close look.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Low miles? Maybe 168k is low for a tdi with ALL service records. 5 owners? Hmmm. Plus an accident.

RUN!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I agree there are a lot of red flags, but for the money a good looking TDI with that mileage and manual trans is a steal. You could put a few thousand into repairing any little stuff and still have a car that will last another 10 years and God knows how may happy fuel sipping miles.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who said anything about LOW miles. I emailed the Dealer, and received this reply "Hi Roger, This vehicle was purchased for one of my kids, and my wife had the leather installed. Somehow on a few of our vehicles the pic files were crossed, the issue should be fixed now on our web site. I will repost the beetle with the new pictures on ebay.

Bob M"

However, I'm a little skeptical of the whole story!

M.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Who said anything about LOW miles. I emailed the Dealer, and received this reply "Hi Roger, This vehicle was purchased for one of my kids, and my wife had the leather installed. Somehow on a few of our vehicles the pic files were crossed, the issue should be fixed now on our web site. I will repost the beetle with the new pictures on ebay.

Bob M"

However, I'm a little skeptical of the whole story!

M.
It's like a bad B movie, I just can't stop watching. :lol:

Yep 5 owners and now one of them was a "kid".

Oh yeah make sure you have a nice repair fund set aside if you buy this one.

Agree that with the TDI it should keep running for as long as you want to put money into it.

Personally I would go up to $4,500.00 and expect to put 2k more into it over next 12 months.

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
The wet tire crap is dripping off everything on that car...did they wash it in it? lol
It looks like they just dunked the car into a big bucket of the stuff! Ohhhh shinny!!! ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts