NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly Hazard143
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The unit for sale hooks your ipod to the stock radio.

The way it works is that it hooks up to where the cd changer is supposed to hook up on the back of the stock radio. this unit charges the ipod, turns it off when the car is off, and i think turns it on when the car turns on. this is about a year old, I used it for about a month then upgraded to an aftermarket head unit.

I paid $130 for it new, it is on sale at enfig.com now for about 70. Make an offer

·
Super Moderator
5,363 Posts
what about the hand and keyboard? :p

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Okay this time around I'm interested. ;)

How is the sound quality on it? Did Enfig include radio removal tools?

-Des

·
Formerly Hazard143
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deserion said:
Okay this time around I'm interested. ;)

How is the sound quality on it? Did Enfig include radio removal tools?

-Des

The SQ is better than if you use an auxilery input with the headphone jack, as it uses the docking port to send the audio to the cd changer. depending on the quality of the song files you use you can have cd quality sound.

No removal tools are included, but are easy to either make or very cheap to buy.

·
17 Posts
now i have an in-dash cd. does that mean when i hit "CD", it won't activate my cd player at all? just straight to the ipod?
(05 NBC w/ sat. radio and in-dash cd)

·
Formerly Hazard143
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure about the in-dash units. But i'm sure that if your head unit has the same cd changer input on the back that it should work properly. is there a cd changer button on the newer head units, or is it just the cd button then you use the 1-6 buttons to select a disk?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts