VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD! to an excellent and interesting buyer! THANX!

This is what I have:
2001 New Beetle Sport that I am parting out with AWV engine and 5 speed 02J. Your car MUST have the AWV or AWP engines (1.8T) newer than 2001.5 and must be manual transmission to buy this setup.

WHAT IT DOES:
Allows you to upgrade anything turbo or fuel related, make changes to any engine parameter, and disable emissions codes to run with no cat or no secondary air system. All of the files are free and easily accessible and take only a few minutes to install on the car. You can make changes, try them, and go back to your original tune if you want. You can de-tune in winter, and upgrade for summer. With inspection, (if you have no visual open hood inspection) and just get plugged into OBD-II, you will ALWAYS PASS regardless of your emissions stuff. After you install this stuff, you will have a guaranteed 200 hp + to the crank with no changes of files needed.

Currently running stage 1 file, the ECU is an FD code but in software it shows as HS, because the stage 1 file acts as an AWP ECU would. I did try out stage 2 for some time, but the stock beetle intercooler heat soaks easily and with the stage 2 boost the car needs an upgraded intercooler.
You would also need to get a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator, not included, to run stage 2. With your stock turbo and 3" exhaust, that would give you 225 hp to the crank.

Of course you could also get the frankenturbo setup, for around $1200, and this ECU and tuning suite has files available for it already. No extra charges for software! This would give you around 280 hp and approach the limits of the stock con rods.

Or get a big turbo upgrade and this setup works with those too.

Here is exactly the parts you will get:

Eurodyne Maestro USB to OBD-II tool with cable
Extra USB to OBD-II Vagcom cable, generic
Flash drive USB with all Vagcom shareware and Eurodyne files on it
My car's FD ECU, preinstalled stage 1 and all deletes enabled
My car's immobilizer pill from my key
My car's instrument cluster board and servos (You will then have my car's mileage, 128k)

All of these parts are required except the vagcom cable and flash drive, I am including them because they will help you get going and use this stuff right away. No longer have any compatible cars that work with the vagcom anyway (bought a MK6 TDI)

You will need to install the cluster board into yours, replace your key pill, and install the ECU under the driver side dash. It's pretty easy DIY stuff and all of the write-ups for doing these things are here in NB.org. You will then also have your original ECU as a spare, to sell, or whatever.

I CANNOT sell this setup to anyone else. It has to be a new beetle with a manual transmission and 1.8t. This is why I am making the price so low. This post will be up and bumped regularly until this package is sold. I figure it will take months to find someone who wants it, and really don't want to take anything less than $400, considering the cost of this tuning suite was $900 and I am giving ALOT of value with the other stuff included.

I will offer help and write a step-by-step installation guide for the buyer, to get you going. this will TRANSFORM your turbo from an okay car to a really quick car in a few hours. it's cheaper than APR tuning that only gives you the power with no opportunity to upgrade, without spending hundreds more. Any takers?:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
What benefit would my 2004 Turbo-S get from this setup. It has the AWP engine and the FZQ 6 speed transmission.. I would be interested if I could see some
decent benefit.Thanks.. KB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What benefit would my 2004 Turbo-S get from this setup. It has the AWP engine and the FZQ 6 speed transmission.. I would be interested if I could see some
decent benefit.Thanks.. KB
You will get an additional 30-40 HP. Stock for Turbo S is 170hp, and this ECU is already tuned for 200+. Estimated power output at the crank is 210-215 for Stage 1 Eurodyne- it's the equivalent of Stage 2 APR @ 17 PSI while Stage 1 APR is only 15 PSI. Drivability is not affected, and your MPG goes up when you are just cruising. Sent you a PM with contact info already, shoot me a text or email and we can get started.

Keep in mind that down the road if you upgrade your turbo to a big one you will NEVER have to pay for retuning the ECU, one of the biggest complaints of APR and other tuning companies. Also, you will never have to worry about emissions tests with OBD-II because that stuff is coded out already- I have been to emissions inspection with ZERO cat, ZERO secondary air systems on my car!

You can re-enable those things in the tuning software if you wish to remain emissions compliant in all 50 states too.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts