NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Unlimited Reality Designs
463 Posts
is this for an intake or does it replaces the stock air box. im sorry i dont know nothing about cars. and will this fit my 2.0

·
463 Posts
hygieneboy said:
here's a pic of my filter just clamped on the MAF. It works just fine.
tight. so if i get this and get a clamp and stick it on the maf thingy it will work perfectly fine correct? what difference does it make with the pipe and without. im really interested in getting this and i think i will get it bc of such a good price. also would i need some kind of heat shield

·
175 Posts
A heat shield is purely ornamental and cosmetic. Is a piece of metal that partially covers the filter going to magically block all forms of radiant heat from entering the intake? Doesn't metal absorb and retain heat better than anything? Heat can move all around from any angle and get sucked right in no matter what unless you have a tightly sealed airbox that extends outside the engine bay.

·
463 Posts
buglover said:
Thats how I had it installed in "Doobie" In the above pic. It works great....Much better pickup. I put my "stock" back in for the winter.

what is that tube that is in the middle of the intake? is it just the stock pipping. i want to do the same setup bc it looks bad ass. and now im begging to wonder if i get this filter if it would look good or not. i want it for looks and sound. i know performace is not going to get any better at all.

·
463 Posts
buglover said:
K and N filters and cleaning solution,and oil. Only been on the car 6 months Cleaning solution and oil are nearly full.
$30.00 shipped. Paypal only to [email protected]

do you got a pic of it installed on your car at all? i am interested in this but i dont want it to look all funny looking. sorry if im bothering you to much

·
I like yours too!
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Install

Sorry I already took it off and reinstalled the snowbox. I just hooked it up like the one in the pic....without the metal tube. "Which I do not have"

·
463 Posts
does anyone have a pic of a setup like buglover? i would really love to get an idea on how this will look like once installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i dont have a pic to show you...but i do remember what it looked like...and it was cool as heck.....i saw this on his car when we met up one day...i really liked it ...especially since it matched his color really well......the way it looked on his car didn't look too much different than "hygeneboy"..... after seeing buglover's car, i wanted to do that to mine too, but i figured no one else would see it besides me...

·
463 Posts
i was just wondering bc its not a round filter so i wanted to see what it looked like. but i just got a ticket lastnight so if you still got it in 2 weeks ill get it for sure. and if that other guy that is selling the wing west spoiler contacts me ill get that also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts