NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my wife’s 2003 New Beetle GLX. Still have some parts left over and thought I’d give you folks a chance to buy them before putting going to ebay. I do accept PayPal.

Volkswagen solar charging panel. $40 shipped. VW used these panels on cars being transported to maintain the battery charge. They rarely ended up in the hands of the final purchaser. Plugs into the 12V power socket and adheres to the windshield with suction cups.

Votex personal electronics console. $35 shipped. VW gets well over $100 for this part new. It has been used so there are several holes in the face from mounting equipment. However it still has a lot of use left.

Bentley New Beetle repair manual. $60 shipped. SOLD New, these are over $100. This one has barely been used.

B5 Passat gray sun visors with HomeLink. $75 shipped. SOLD The passenger side is a direct replacement, and has the added benefit of being extendable from the pivot post. The driver’s side is also extendable, plus it has a built in HomeLink transmitter. This will require construction of an adapter harness to work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sale pending on the visors and the Bentley manual. Electronics console and solar charger are still available.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One piece fits just to the left of the grab bar on the passenger side of the dash. It then fits around the center pod (next to the A/C controls) and is secured with a screw at the bottom, underneath the pod.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Visors and Bentley manual are sold. Solar charging panel and electronics console still available.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I know, you know, that solar charger will work on any car, that does not have the lighter switched through the ignition. They are excellent for any car that sits for extended periods of time, long termed parked at the airport, etc.

M.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know, you know, that solar charger will work on any car, that does not have the lighter switched through the ignition. They are excellent for any car that sits for extended periods of time, long termed parked at the airport, etc.

M.
That is correct. Thanks for the additional information.

At one point I had 5 cars parked in 2 different states for only 2 drivers. This panel did a great job of making sure I wasn't faced with a dead battery. Since I'm down to 3 cars now with two of them garaged all of the time, I don't really need this any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts