NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no longer have a VW Beetle, so I'm selling a few tools that I used to change the strut mounts and bearings.

- Part MN2122 - Specialty Double 21 & 22 mm Strut Nut Sockets

- Part MNXZ14 - 14 mm 12 Point Driver, Impact Grade

- Part MN3424 - Strut Spreader Bit

Let me know if interested and name a price.

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,409 Posts
great tools & worth grabbing these...i already have the strut spreader bit and the strut nut sockets...metalnerd tools are the bomb. :)

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I am ready to do my front struts and don't have any of those tools. I hope I can manage without them. :(

PM sent.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
I am ready to do my front struts and don't have any of those tools. I hope I can manage without them. :(

PM sent.
You will need the wrench, the strut spreader tool is nice to have, but you can get along with a big flathead screwdriver, hammer, pb blaster, and a lot of work. I'm trying to think of what the triple square was used for in a suspension job.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
You will need the wrench, the strut spreader tool is nice to have, but you can get along with a big flathead screwdriver, hammer, pb blaster, and a lot of work. I'm trying to think of what the triple square was used for in a suspension job.
Thanks Toad. I did purchase the Tools ;) The triple Square isn't used. However, I need it for replacing the rotors on my brothers 2008 VW Passat. It needs a 14MM triple Square tool in order to remove the stupid caliper brackets. This saves me from buying a complete set just for his brakes. ;) I told him many times to go ahead and buy this tool but he is too cheap and rather lets his brakes rot. So I thought buy it for him. I will let him buy me lunch at White Castle. That's about all he can afford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts