1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD: OEM Bra - $50

Hey,

I have a used OEM bra.

It was used for a 15 months before being removed when I bought the car.

The VW logo is a bit dirty, but it is washable dirt, some all-purpose cleaner (or even some dish soap) would lift it easily.

It is all boxed up and ready to roll, $50 plus shipping, this bra sells for 2x that price new from VW.

Thanks!

SMG

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm tempted, I've been thinking about getting a bra for the winter. The road crews around here go nuts with the salt, our roads turn white from it. And since the NB is so low, I don't want to turn into a snowplow! It came with your car and you didn't want it? I'm just looking to protect my nose for the winter.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, it's all boxed up and ready to go too :)

Has been since the spring when some guy from Quebec wanted it.

Let me know and I'll even try to kick in a bit on the shipping.

Thanks man!

Jordan (SMG)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bra is very tight-fitting and formed to the 98-05's

There would be no way for it to fit an '06, the indicators and general shape of the front-end are very different.

Wish I could say "sure, it'll fit", but I'm always honest :)

SMG

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
If you want to protect your baby from salt, wash it often. A bra will just ruin your paint.They shouldn,t get wet. It really is used to keep rocks from leaving their mark. I've seen the damage from a bra left on too long it's not pretty.The paint gets cloudy and the hood will start to rust.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don't like it, please don't buy it.

Do not hijack my thread.

It was on my car for 15 months and left no damage.

I suggest removing it every so often to wash, but these people getting damage either don't have them on right (bra moving around), put the bra on the car while it was dirty (rubbed dirt around), or just never take them off for years on end (this is bad).

Thanks!

SMG

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to add, a lot of NB people I know around here have them to put on on the highway to keep the front clear of bugs and rock chips, and take them off just around town.

SMG

·
Bug Less
3,754 Posts
NOT HIJACKING!

I have had a bra on my car since i bought her new last year, I take it off every time i wash her and i wash and clean the bra as well , there hasnt been any damage to my hood at all :) . Good luck selling SMG !:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
SMG said:
The bra is very tight-fitting and formed to the 98-05's

There would be no way for it to fit an '06, the indicators and general shape of the front-end are very different.

Wish I could say "sure, it'll fit", but I'm always honest :)

SMG
Thanks SMG. Guess I'll need to wait for one made for the '06.

TDI4ever

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where are you located smg and do you have pics?
I don't have any pics at all, I went to sign the papers on it when it arrived at the dealer last year and it was sporting the bra.

I told the dealer to bag it for me before they washed / detailed the car ;)

So, that bra drove home in a plastic 'Thanks For Keepin' It Real' plastic bag, I've never unfolded it, and it is permaboxed now, as another guy was going to buy it like 6 months ago.

A bit longer on here and then it goes to eBay..

SMG

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
ok cause i saw one on ebay for 50 in box and i thought it was yours

i am interested tho

how much to ship to 60611

o and 50 US or CAN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, not on eBay yet ;)

With a quick calculation on the canadapost site, I can do it $65 shipped to you, insured for $50.

Shipping will be more than $15, but I don't mind paying some of it :)

Sound alright?

SMG

1 - 20 of 24 Posts