NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We traded in our Beetle not too long ago, and the dealer who took it didn't give us a chance to take out the aftermarket CD player and put the OEM tape player back in. So now we have a Beetle tape deck which is of absolutely no use to us. It came out of a 2003 Turbo S, and was barely used before we put in a CD player. So it's essentially brand new, and has been sitting in the closet for the last couple years. I have no way to verify if it works, but there's absolutely no reason to think that it doesn't work perfectly. I even have the code for it, so you'll be good to go.

Best offer. Shipping will be actual cost via FedEx ground. Let me know your zip code.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello:

Can anyone tell me if this Monsoon head unit will work with my non-monsoon system? I have a 2000 1.8t with the std radio with buttons that are failing.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unfortunately do not know the answer to that question. I would guess it's not a problem, but hopefully someone here can give a more definitive answer. I know the Monsoon system added an external amp and another pair of speakers. I wouldn't be surprised if the deck is exactly the same though, save for the Monsoon logo.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Key differences in the Monsoon/Non-Monsoon decks:

Monsoon:
No internal amp (means it will not work on non-Monsoon system)

Non-Monsoon:
Internal amp
no midrange adjustment

That should clear things up. :)

Good luck with your sale. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts