NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to change the way I make these available on the forums and will now just carry a small inventory of these and make them available throughout the year. This way I can ship the pad out the next business day in most cases. Quicker turnaround for you. I have been making these for a couple of years now with a great track record.

For those not familiar...

The pad fits onto your floor jack and allows you to jack your car up at the pinch weld (like you do with the stock scissor jack) without damaging the pinch weld. Will work on any VW/Audi and probably on other cars as well but its only been tested on VAG cars.

Polyurethane Jack Pad Order Page

$2 for each pad sold is going to go to Vikki (luvinmyb5.5 on www.b5one.com) to help with her fight against cancer.

NH VW Junky said:
Proud owner here - this is a must have item.
1.8Tabamoura said:
sweet adition to any floor jack...
PassatVariantPunk said:
They are necessary. Get one if you aint got one.

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it.

I decided to start making these when I chewed up my own pinch rail trying to use my race jack in that spot because I couldn't get it under the car to reach a better lifting point.

I checked a couple of places like JC Whitney and all they had were plastic ones and working in the plastics/urethane industry, I wasn't convinced that ABS plastic would hold up in the long run.

I've sold hundreds of these now either direct or through the distributor and everyone has been really happy with them.

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are going to be cast on Monday and I should have them ready to ship before the end of the week (they need to post cure a day or two). I'll be shipping out USPS Priority Mail. If I have any delay, I will be sure to let folks know but since I've done these so many times now, I don't anticipate any delay at all. I'm only making a short run so the total casting process should only be one day, a day or two to post cure and then 2-3 days in transit before it hits your door.

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
squeebug said:
Do these just sit on the jack or do they have to be attached in some way?
Because I have a flat pad, it just sits on my jack like in the pictures at the top. If you have a jack like the ones from Sears, they sit inside the cup with a press fit. No mechanical means of fastening required.

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FineExampl said:
I just got a secondhand sears floorjack. I think i will want one as well.

Are we sure this will work with the NB? I'm not familiar with some of this stuff.
I've not tried one specifically on the NB but I'd assume they would as they work on Passats, A4s, Jettas, Golfs and GTIs. I can't imagine the NB pinch weld is radically different.

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have received paypal from the following folks:

Michael K. (paid)
David H. (paid)
Jose P. (paid)
Warren G. (paid)
Ceasar C. (paid)
Matas N. (paid)
Brian K. (paid)
Geoff Y. (pending)
Jason B. (paid)

I still have some of these left that are unaccounted for - the lot run is 20 pcs. so I still have 9 left (I'm holding two pending payments today). The order is the cast dept., and they will be casting the parts today or tomorrow which should allow me to ship before the end of the week.

Mike

·
VP B5one
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5 left.

Michael K. (paid)
David H. (paid)
Jose P. (paid)
Warren G. (paid)
Ceasar C. (paid)
Matas N. (paid)