NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the wrong shade of tint for my car, I got 20% when I should have gotten 35%. I'm just looking to re-coop what I spent to so I can order the correct shade. I purchased it from rvinyl on ebay. It's still in the shipping tube.

$30 including shipping.

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because my state will only allow 35% or lighter. I don't want to install it to only have to remove it because it won't pass inspection because of the darker tint.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I thought 20% was lighter than 35%. Had to look that up. Learn something new every day. I'll have to ask hubby. Apparently we can go up to 15% here in Florida, except for the front side windows that are 28%. Thinking I can get away with that extra 8%. Is this all 4 windows and rear?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my husband thought the same thing....I had to explain it to him.

Yes it's 5 pieces of tint. I wish we didn't have that stupid law, but whatever I'll just order the right one this time.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
I bought a kit also for my car, tried to do the back, and ended up getting it done at a shop. The back window on a nB is 1 of 2 cars that is the hardest to do. The other is a Corvette. My law in IL is also 35% but my car is 20% & I have never been harassed. Our cars have so much window space that it doesn't look as dark as it is. Just food for thought.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Mom, Wife, Lover of VW's
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a kit also for my car, tried to do the back, and ended up getting it done at a shop. The back window on a nB is 1 of 2 cars that is the hardest to do. The other is a Corvette. My law in IL is also 35% but my car is 20% & I have never been harassed. Our cars have so much window space that it doesn't look as dark as it is. Just food for thought.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AutoGuide.com App
I think I might do the 3 back windows with the 20% and then do the fronts with 35%.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts