NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jagerauto
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really need to get $4200 cash with a trade of some sort valued about 2k , so I can buy a car I've had my eye on for a while.

Car:
1989 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 250,XXX miles
GLI Recaro Interior
Plaid Headliner
Nice Wood Nardi 4 spoke steering wheel and matching shift knob
New Pioneer cd player, Alpine Type R component Door speakers, Pioneer component set in the rear, and a JL 10" Subwoofer
Power Everything
Koni adjustable shocks with Ground control sleeve over coilovers. Height adjustable, shocks are dampening adjustable. Rides very good.
Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar. 3 stiffness adjustments
New control arms with R32 rear bushings and BFI front Polyurethane bushings.
New Tie rod ends
New Ball Joints
New Driver side axle
Mk3 VR6 Front strut mount conversion, Stiffer and more durable
Mk3 Knuckles with VR6 wheel bearings and 5x100 hubs
11.5" Wilwood Front brakes
Mk4 Rear disc swap with mk4 calipers and 5x100 swap.
2.5" exhaust with a borla muffler and a NEW flexpipe. Sounds awesome!
Smoked ecode headlights
smoked side markers
smoked turns
Smoked Tails

The motor:
2003 1.8T 100k on it about the same on the 02J 5 speed Transmission
T3 T04e 57 Trim dose 17lbs
Motor and trans are stock internals
I have a 02J with a Peloquin Limited Slip Differential But the first gear shift fork is bent. Can be fixed, or lsd swapped over to the trans in the car.
A/C Works great! blows cold!!
Custom short runner intake with VR6 Throttle Body
Stand alone SDS ignition system
New plugs fresh oil change
Huge Fuel lines and upgraded pump, and FPR
Custom turbo piping
Front mount intercooler
HKS Super sequential blow off valve
soid front motor mount, new corrado trans mount, and new poly insert for rear motor mount
much more just ask if you have any questions

16x8 BBS rs's *Staggered lips* new tires up front about %50 rears. fronts got flat spotted day after I put them on. Vibrate a little until they wear down past the flat spot.

asking $6500obo

BAD: Only thing bad about this thing right now is torque steer like a champ. The 02j I have with lsd in it that has a bent shift fork, or something(wont go in first...) will fix this. Either the tans can be fixed or the lsd can be swapped over. This is one of the reasons im selling, I cant afford or have the time to get it fixed or swapped.

It had a bad strut mount, but that is fixed! Tires are bald as of now but I might break down and buy new ones. If I do I wont be so lenient on the price..

Just bought this car couple months ago replaced alot of things under the front end that felt old and loose(maintenance stuff) put a bunch of nice parts on, redid the headliner, new radio and speakers, ect.
Car is great has A/C! It was my daily. Selling because I miss mk1's and I'm not much for horsepower. I dont have a need for speed haha.

With that said if you want to negotiate price minus certain parts, lets negotiate.

cell text or call 757-541-7377

·
5/23/10 <3
10,914 Posts
Timing belt job been done on that engine? Its overdue if not.

What are you looking for to replace it with? Sounds like a Mk1 of some sort. Got a mk1 Jetta myself. Great little cars!

·
Jagerauto
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timing belt/water pump, ect all done before I bought it, I had the recipts but you know how that goes. Everything under the front end I replaced, engine mounts, ball joints, control arms, tie rods, strut mounts. I need a speedo cable and a serp. belt as of now.

Yes I want a mk1! BAD! Had two Cabbys loved them. I really only need 4500 to get the car I want but I have a total of 7k between buying this car and fixing maintenance stuff. Selling it for $6500. It's worth it. Look at some of the parts and put the $$$ together in your head. The rims, brakes, lsd, motor, suspension, stand alone..ect. The money is there. It's worth it, this thing is crazy fun. Handles as good as it pulls.

Figured I'd slap it up here see if I could get that and a partial trade for a parts beetle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts